Bonus Finale 2: Home is Where the Heart is

Recap: Min Tae Gu and Chae Yoon were strained in NK (?) Chae Yoon was in labor pain, and Min Tae Hu was  shot. They are heading to Sariwon hospital.

—————————————————-

"Ahhhhhh"
strangled voice can be heard at a corner of the room in the hospital.

"Hold on, you can do it."

"I can't! It hurts so much!"

"Breath breath!"

"I'm trying!"

"Breath out slow....and breath in...."

"Grab my hand."

"Arrrghhhhh."

"Min Tae Gu! You can do it!"

"What kind of hospital gave no anesthesia to take off this da_n bullet??!!!!"

Chae Yoon sighed and rub her sore hand. She is now sitting with her husband in a military hospital with incompetent doctors and nurses. Why? It's the long weekend and big celebration day in North Korea and all big names in the hospital had to go to the capital to celebrate the supreme leader's ceremony.

That said, the on-duty doctor was a very young trainee.

Only one  available nurse in the ward (who was not helping in another big surgery case) was the trainee nurse who was listening to BTS songs in her breaktime a few minutes ago.

The young doctor deemed that the bullet was only grazed the superficial skin and there's only remnant of the bullet fragments, so he suggested to remove the fragments at the infirmary ward, as there's no available doctor who knew how to put the poor man in sleep. The only pain relieved they gave him were local anesthetic and some pain killers. No wonder a big man, ex-drug dealer and a strong man like Min Tae Gu was in immense pain.

"At this rate, I better take it off myself!" He shouted.

"Calm down, Min Tae Gu, here hold my hand." Chae Yoon tried to support him. It turned out thatthe baby inside Chae Yoon was not yet ready to come out today. Her pain in the lower was a false alarm and after a few rests, her contractions subsided. One problem solved.

After a few haggard tries of bullet removing, few yelps of Min Tae Gu, the screaming of Chae Yoon when her hand was squeezed,  the bullet still not coming out. The doctor called Chae Yoon for help to restrain the patient. The trainee nurse brought the mouth gag and handed it to Chae Yoon. "Here, please let him bite in this gag so he won't bite his tongue. We are going to pull the bullet out."

Now, the poor Min Tae Gu, too exhausted of pushing and pulling over his wound, almost lose his consciousness. The young nurse told Chae Yoon to distract her husband, yet the nurse looked too chilled. She even hummed a music while helping the operation. Min Tae Gu had had enough.

"Would you stop singing and pull this damn bullet out?"

"Oh, I thought you would like it comrade, since you speaks like the southern. You can join singing with me, comrade for the pain distraction."

Min Tae Gu shook his head. "I don't know the darn song!"

Chae Yoon intervened. "She's singing BTS song." Nobody was listening to the hand shaken trainee doctor who was trying to tell everyone that the bullet was about to come out.

"Ohhh, comrade sister knows BTS!! That's why you speak southern accent so well! By the way, who is your main? She asked while handing the gauze to the young doctor.