Island Exam Monologue

Ayanokouji POV

[Video START]

I kicked off from the wet ground and chased Ibuki. The weather was a bothersome problem. If it got much worse, I might get stuck or have an accident. Also, the fact that the sun was going down earlier than I'd anticipated made it difficult to push forward without a flashlight. The passing showers grew even stronger, and the winds started to howl more violently. The weather was just negative all around, no favorable points at all.

Shinohara: "Is this during the island exam?"

Okitani: "I think so since back then the weather is really bad"

Sudo: "But why are you chasing ibuki? ayanokouji."

Me: "I was looking for horikita since i saw her with ibuki"

I could only see a few meters ahead because of the pouring rain. Also, if I wanderedonto any of the side roads, I'd probably get lost. Thankfully, two pairs of footprintsremained in the muddy ground and made it easy for me to follow after them. Thefootprints just suddenly stopped, though. No, on second glance, they didn't stop; theycontinued deeper into the forest.

The fact that the footprints suddenly took a sharp turn meant they hadn't gotten lost,but rather that they'd intentionally ventured deeper into the forest. When I pointedmy flashlight toward the depths of the forest, I saw the two pairs of footprints goingdeeper and deeper. There was no reason for them to intentionally enter such adangerous place.

Hashimoto: "How do you even notice this kind of thing? It's as if you've trained these things before"

All student sent their curious gaze on me

Should i answer this? it would be bad if i try to lie since high schooler wasn't taught these things but if i answer yes they are gonna be more cautious against me next time. it's a disadvantage for me

Seeing as i'm in trouble answering them yousuke decide to help control the situation.

Hirata: "Everyone, i think we should watch more of this video before asking him question. As you can see kiyotaka-kun is troubled."

Thanks to hirata quick action, everyone go back to watch the video.

Me: "Thanks for the help yousuke"

I said so with a whisper

Hirata: "No problem kiyotaka-kun"

Replied hirata

I continued forward for about thirty meters. Suddenly, a bright light entered my fieldof vision. I immediately turned the flashlight off and held my breath. Looking in thedirection of the light, I saw it shine once, then twice more. A flashlight. It was almostas if someone were sending a signal. Was it Ibuki and Horikita? No, that wasn't it.

Neither Ibuki nor Horikita should have had a light source on them. I quietly turned inthe direction of the light and drew closer to the source. I heard people's voices, muffledby the rain, and hid myself. Their conversation sounded trivial. So as long as theydidn't find me, getting a grasp on the situation was secondary.

Kanzaki: "Not only you're good in academics and sport, you're also good at hiding yourself? Ayanokouji, you might as well tell us things of what you're good at."

Said Kanzaki while irritated

Me: "Kanzaki, i don't think i should answer since you're gonna find out about it by watching the video anyway."

Kanzaki: "That's true, however the video might not answer everything about you."

Chihiro: "Kanzaki-kun, I don't think you should force him since he doesn't want to answer"