Betrayal

Ayanokouji POV

When the break is over everyone goes back to their respective place and prepares food and drinks for the next videos. Because of my talk with sudou earlier, i am the last one to go back. Just as i was about to go back, hashimoto called me.

Hashimoto: "Yo, ayanokouji"

Me: "Hello, What's the matter hashimoto?"

Hashimoto: "Man you're expressionless as always, Well no matter. I just want to talk something about you."

Me: "Something about me?"

Hashimoto: "Back then during the island exam you did something unbelieveable to the point where i don't even know how to react to it. On top of that not only you get 100 marks on the math exam, you even bested everyone during that history task."

Me: "And what do you want by telling me this?"

Hashimoto: "Heh, i just want to know if you're interested in reaching class A. Those scenes in the video proved that you're someone who can easily do that"

I see. Though it is unclear it looks like his objective is to know whether i have interest in winning class conflicts or that he wants to win me over to his side. But considering the result during the island exam there is something about his involvement. Class A leader was known to ryuen despite them having that contract. That means someone sold class A leader name to ryuen which is likely hashimoto's doing since he is on sakayanagi faction.

I stayed silent to get more information about him.

Hashimoto: "You see, i heard something before about you from the student council president. He said that the previous president, Horikita Manabu values you above everyone in our year so i got curious about that"

Now this makes it clear; back then i overheard him talking with nagumo, horikita-brother, and ryuen. He questions ryuen why he quit ruling the class back then because he sees the potential in ryuen to become superior than sakayanagi. So he tried to curry favour with ryuen just in case that class A fall down. And if ryuen class actually win naturally he would go to ryuen class in the end, he must be trying to do the same with me.

What a snake, i thought that is ryuen speciality but seems that hashimoto is the better one.

Me: "personally i'm not interested in participating at all, it is bothersome after all. But if the condition demands it, i might just do that."

Hashimoto: "So you only do that if it's required?"

I nod and hashimoto is thinking about what to respond. after 30 seconds he continued to speak

Hashimoto: "Well.... this is enough i suppose. Ayanokouji, do you mind if i help you then?"

Me: "Why would you do that? there's nothing in it for you."

Hashimoto: "Heh you're the type that snatch victory in the end after all, if i got the chance to side with such a person i'd gladly do that."

So it's true that he sides with the winner in the end. If i turn him down here he might become troublesome as an enemy but accepting his request might bring some disadvantages if i can't handle it properly.

However, he might become useful in the case of horikita betrayal. If she betrays me i can handle myself but cleaning up the aftermath is a problem. If such thing were to happen, i can have him bring me to class A ; keisei and the others might hate me forever for that but there's no problem if i manage to graduate in class A at the end.

Me: "I don't know if i can do that but.. I'll think about it."

Hashimoto: "Really? Heh that's what i'm talking about! Looking forward to working with you then."