Move Quickly

y'all, let me just start with saying i am SO sorry for making you guys wait so so long. that won't happen again i promise.                                  

                                   Legolas

when legolas awoke he felt himself being lifted from the muddy ground that had been his home for god knows how long. he could tell the elven warriors were being as gentle as they could be, but the slightest movement caused violent ripples of agony coursing through his too thin body.

his shriek of pain caused the elves to cringe and cower, as if they were waiting for their lord to punish them. but thandruil did not raise a hand, he simply stood as if he were stuck in place, eyes wide with horror.

he had been like that since they found his son. he would not move nor say a word.

"my lord," one of the elves dared to whisper. "what shall we do with him."

thandruil blinked. "put him on my horse, we will bring him back to gondor, for it is the closest," he took a breath. "you," he points at three of them. "go back to mirkwood, bring what elven healing supplies you can, and race back as if the thralls of mordor were upon you."

"yes my lord." they said in unison. and they left within the minute.

                                  Aragorn

aragorn paced back and forth next to the fireplace for hours. the crackling flames laughing and jeering at him. images of legolas in many forms of peril pulsed through his mind.

the days had started to grow cold, winter was coming. and with winter came starvation and death and sadness. although gondor had slowly begun to prosper and feel its old glory once again, they were still many laboring months away from being what they used to.

aragorn was struggling. his brow scrunched up from constant stress, his back crooked. and arwen was not helping.

she had started to loath him. he thought in sadness. they barely acknowledge one another. she blamed him for the disappearance of legolas the moment lord thandruil shared the news. he didn't know why, since he certainly had nothing to do with it.

but aragorn missed the elf. oh, he missed him badly. the days where things were so so simple. if only he knew he was in the good days before he left them.

he was about to sit down when arwen entered the room.

she was stunning, as always. and she never wouldn't be. arwen wore a dark green dress with course fabric, and a black and brown corset with a belt. she rushed in breathless, "there back."

aragorn held his breath.

"they found him."

aragorn's thoughts spurred. the immense and heavy love he felt (which had become a mere dying flame) lit up in fire more harrowing than the calamity that was smaug. he needed to get to his beloved. now.

without a word, aragorn rushed for the door. but was immediately stopped short by his wife.

"where do you think you going?" she exclaimed.

"to see legolas. where else would i?" he sputtered.

"aragorn, you need to let the damned elf go!" she spat. a treacherous gleam shown in her eyes that aragorn had never seen.

"what?!? what do you mean 'get over him' there's nothing to get over. don't be ridiculous arwen!" he spit, taken aback.

"don't take me for a fool aragorn. you care for him, and more than i see fit," she accused. stepping closer, but then her voice softened, "my dear, don't you love me? we are meant for one another, you and i." she batted her lashes.

"of course!" he said, itching to go. "but i need to see my friend."

arwen sighed, "as you wish." and stepped away from the door.

Legolas

when he opened his eyes he saw the blunt stones gates of gondor, and even through the pain, his heart leaped.

he was back.

it had felt like a lifetime ago since he walked away from the man whom he loved. and would love till his dying breath, and even after that.

his thoughts lingered on that night before he left. it was the place his mind went to when everything else seemed hopeless.

but as they continue up the never ending layers of gondor, he quickly drifted to sleep. but even in his dreams, his thoughts remained on estel.