Fellowship reunited

for the next couple days legolas and aragorn completely ignored each other. which only hurt legolas more. he spent most of the days dragging his feet through the streets of gondor, murmuring to himself.

aragorn was still in shock about what happened. legolas couldn't be in love with him. aragorn refused to believe that. he always thought they were just very close friends. considering all they had gone through together. aragorn wasn't necessarily mad at him, just confused, and kind of embarrassed. aragorn had never kissed a man before.

when he wasn't worrying about legolas he was thinking about arwen. he missed her with his whole heart. but he knew that the right decision had been made. arwen couldn't stay here. at least she will be content in valinor.

(author's note: obviously she's not in valinor. he just thinks she is.)

aragorn was deep in though sitting is his room when merry sprinted towards him.

"strider, sam's awake!" he grinned his wide hobbit grin.

"that's wonderful!" aragorn exclaimed. he followed merry to where sam was resting. and once they got there aragorn immediately noticed legolas was absent. but be pushed that thought aside.

"how are you, my friend?" aragorn asked as he sat on sam's cot, pulling him into a tight hug. "you and frodo are heroes."

sam didn't say anything he just laughed and returned aragorn's hug.

after spending awhile with merry, pippin, gimli, and sam, enjoying some tea that a young servant had brought them. aragorn was about to get up and say his goodbyes for the time being, when legolas jogged in. him and aragorn made eye contact and legolas's smile momentarily left his face and he looked down.

"something wrong between you two?" pippin asked. "you're usually inseparable."

aragorn plastered on a fake smile that he hoped was convincing. "of course not!"

he put is hand on legolas's shoulder and looked into his eyes. "see you around, mellon nin." legolas smiled uneasily, but did not shrug out of aragorn's grip.

and with that he fled from the room. leaving the hobbits with legolas and gimli. and headed straight to his room. he needed some time alone.

legolas couldn't bare this. he wanted to talk to aragorn but he just couldn't. legolas was so mad at himself for kissing aragorn. why in the hell did he do that. he just did it, he wasn't thinking in that moment. but legolas didn't think all hope was lost, because aragorn had kissed back. even if it were only for a few seconds, he kissed back.

"legolas? you there?" sam jokingly waved his hand in front of legolas's face. he hadn't realized that sam had asked a question.

"oh... uh, yes. i am here. what was it?" legolas snapped out of his trance.

"elves." gimli muttered, rolling his eyes.

"never mind." sam said, looking over at the other two hobbits, who were trying not to laugh.

suddenly the same woman that had talked to aragorn walked in and smiled. "frodo has waken up. would you like to see him?"

"yes!" they all said in unison. she beckoned for them to follow. as they made there way to where frodo had been treated, aragorn joined them.

"i want to talk to you later." he whispered into legolas's ear. legolas froze, he couldn't even imagine what aragorn was going to say, but at least they were no longer ignoring each other.

they all greeted frodo one by one. and the room at that moment was filled with so much joy. but although aragorn and legolas stood right beside one another, they felt miles apart.