Coronation

aragorn was absolutely horrified when the coronation started. he had spent his whole life, unnoticed, unregarded. but now hundreds if not thousands of people were now all focused on him.

as he walked onto the stage, he scanned the crowd for familiar faces, something to latch onto.

his eyes pinpointed on legolas. and aragorn drew in a breath. aragorn had never seen someone so beautiful and fair in his entire life. legolas seemed to shimmer in the evening light. and he stood out greatly to every other breathing thing in the crowd.

their eyes met and legolas slightly smiled. and aragorn couldn't believe his eyes. it was almost as if he had spent his whole life with wool over his eyes, and now it had finally pulled back.

aragorn has never realized legolas's pure and utter beauty. there was absolutely nothing that wasn't pure about him.

aragorn realized he'd been staring, he looked down and smiled at his feet.

gandalf said little as he began to place the angelic crown upon his head, which immediately silenced the crowd. they all stared in awe as aragorn turned, facing his destiny.

"now come the days of the king," gandalf's words boomed through the entire city. "may they be blessed." gandalf smiled gently at aragorn.

"this day does not belong to one man," aragorn said. "but to all. let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in the days of peace."

"et earello endorenna utulien. sinome maruvan ar hildinyar tenn' ambar-metta."

legolas listened intently to the alluring song aragorn was singing. he couldn't take his eyes off aragorn. but yet, his heavy heart was filled with sadness and dread. for he knew nothing would ever be the same.

slowly aragorn made his way down the aisle, and everyone respectfully bowed in his wake. eventually he made his way to legolas. and he stopped at his elven friend. they smiled at one another passionately, and legolas felt his stomach flutter.

aragorn placed his hand on legolas's thin shoulder. and legolas did the same. they stayed there for what seemed like a lifetime but still felt far too short.

aragorn started deeply into those enticing blue eyes, and he felt as if his whole body felt tremendously lighter. and in that moment he realized.... he was in love with him. he loved him more than life itself, he just never had been willing to except it, but now he was.

and to aragorn's surprise, legolas pulled him into a desperate hug. aragorn's mind whirled, thinking about everyone watching, but he didn't care. he returned the hug and clung to legolas tightly.

but soon enough, they pulled away. legolas wished that he could just stay in aragorn's arms for eternity. but he smiled at aragorn and let him continue down the aisle.

legolas watched aragorn's elven-like grace as he continued down. watched him smile at the people he now ruled over. but then aragorn paused, staring at a elven figure holding a banner that blocked their face.

and he stared in horror as the elf pulled the banner away, revealing none other than arwen evenstar.