Emotions

(hope u are all enjoying this story so far! i swear the chapters won't continue to be this short lmao)

after a long and tiresome journey they eventually arrived back in gondor. they were greeted by gandalf. who informed them that sam and frodo were still unconscious but they were in good hands.

legolas was sitting on a bench in the late evening. the birds songs sounded different, more cheerful and content. almost as if they were aware of the abolishment of the ring and that weight had been lifted from their feathery chests.

aragorn came to sit next to him. legolas was so lost in thought he didn't even notice the man's presence. and when he did, he jumped.

"i know something is wrong legolas," aragorn sighed. "please tell me, my friend."

legolas didn't know what to say. he couldn't think up a lie. so he kind of just stared for a few seconds before letting out a breath and then swiftly getting up and walking away.

aragorn was so surprised he just sat there. legolas never acted this way. especially not after such a wonderful victory.

but legolas was even more surprised about what he did than aragorn. he hadn't realized all the emotions he had felt because he had been pushing them aside for so long that he eventually just broke.

tears started to form in his eyes. as he recalled all the memorable moments in their friendship. the sadness, happiness, anger. and he cherished every moment.

all of this was going through his head as he took off into the crowds of people.

tears were streaming down his pale cheeks, thank god there were too many people for anyone to notice or care. he started to think of the future. the fact that one day aragorn would die. it was inevitable. it scared him. it made his stomach flutter in a certain way that wasn't pleasant. he vigorously shook his head, trying to get the thought out of his mind. after streaming through the crowd for a bit, legolas found an abandoned barn and quickly went inside.

he curled up on top of a haystack. he was sitting on it in a way so that he was completely concealed in case someone were to come inside. he hugged his legs to his chest and slowly rocked back and forth. wondering what the hell he was going to do now.

why had he walked out like that? how could he be so selfish and uncaring. aragorn was genuinely trying to help him, and he had just walked away. legolas couldn't imagine what was going through aragorn's mind in that moment.

he felt terrible. after all aragorn had been through, this was the absolute last thing he probably needed right now. legolas hated himself for having the feelings he did.

why was he like this?

The Forgotten OneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara