The Truth

(hey i'm really insecure about this chapter so please don't judge. i don't plan on being a writer. this is just for fun.🥴)

while to fellowship shared a celebratory meal together. aragorn kept sending looks over to legolas, who tried his very best to ignore them, but sometimes they would make eye contact.

after a couple hours of the fellowship sharing one another's stories, and aragorn saw no end in sight, he stood up and said, "i think i will be leaving now. frodo and sam it's wonderful to see you both well. i will see you all soon."

as he walked out he gave legolas a look that signaled for him to follow.

legolas stood up quickly and said, "i think i will go too." and he followed closely behind aragorn. 

"what is up with those two?" gimli mused.

"who knows." frodo agreed. and with that they all laughed and continued on with their merry party.

aragorn headed immediately to the balcony in the room he would be staying in until the coronation, which wasn't far off.

at this point it was far into the night, and the stars were shining brighter than they had in a long time. 

aragorn could just make out the light steps of the elf as he fell in beside aragorn. they both had their elbows up on the edge of the balcony and were looking out into the city. not making eye contact.

"legolas. i want to know why you... you kissed me. i just don't understand." aragorn finally said, after many minutes of awkward silence.

"i- i don't know. i wasn't thinking aragorn. i don't have feelings for you. i swear." legolas blatantly lied, and aragorn could tell.

"no. legolas i want to truth. whatever it may be." aragorn demanded.

"you want the truth aragorn? you really want the truth? well here it is, i've been completely and utterly in love with you since the mines of moria. i can't get you out of my head. i have dreams about you. but you just never realized, never understood. and now you're becoming the king. and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it." legolas said. unable to stop himself, he had just kept on going.

aragorn was silent. he turned his head to look into legolas's eyes. his mouth hanging open, how had he not guessed?

"legolas, i- i just don't really feel that way about you. i... um never thought-" he stuttered. trying to say it in a way that wouldn't hurt legolas's feelings. but he knew what heartbreak felt like, and anyway he put it would hurt.

"i know aragorn, you don't love me. it's not your fault. it was foolish of me to assume that it was even possible." legolas muttered, his face blank.

"you'll always have a special place in my heart legolas. i truly care about you. i guess it's just not in that way." aragorn looked down, unable to look at legolas.

"i know." is all he said before he started to leave.

"legolas! wait." aragorn didn't know why he was going to do what he was about to do, he just couldn't bare legolas feeling like this. and there was a part of him that loved legolas too. he just hadn't realized it yet.

legolas turned, tears beginning to fall down his smooth, pale skin. aragorn pulled legolas into a desperate hug and slowly pressed his lips to legolas's.

(authors note: imma try my best but wholy shit i fucking suck at smut if u could even call this that. so wish me luck.)

they broke apart and aragorn cupped legolas's face in his rough hands, wiping the salty tears from his soft face. he never realized how absolutely beautiful he was. his smooth, yet well sculpted features were hard to look away from.

all of a sudden he lifted legolas off the ground. legolas drew in a breath out of surprise and wrapped his arms around aragorn's neck. aragorn carried his light body to the velvety bed in the center of the room, and gently placed him down.

aragorn took his place next to legolas and slowly slipped legolas's shirt off, revealing beautifully defined muscles. then he took his own off and lay flat on the bed. legolas turned on his side and started to stroke aragorn's face lazily.

they entwined themselves together and stayed that way for a long time. legolas felt so happy in that moment, everything felt so right. this felt so right.

eventually legolas fell into a peaceful slumber, still cuddling aragorn. and aragorn stayed exactly where he was, in order not to wake him, as he too drifted off to sleep.

(authors note: yikes that was rough. i'd say it was more like fluff than smut. well i did my best.)