Twenty Eight

Silverado for Sale - Morgan Wallen // More Surprised Than Me - Morgan Wallen

It's around eleven o'clock at night when Daniella feels something weird. She brushes it off as a gas bubble while she sits in bed, Morgan's head on her shoulder. That pang comes again except more painful. "Ouch." She whispers, her hand going to her belly.

He lifts his head sleepily. "You okay?"

"Yeah." She nods, stretching her legs out. "I'm fine." A few minutes later, it comes again but stronger. "Okay, I think we should get to the hospital." She says calmly as to not freak Morgan out, it doesn't work.

"Wh- are you- now?" He jumps up and pulls a pair of shorts on with a hoodie, stepping into his sneakers as he puts a ball cap on his head. He rushes to her side of the bed to help her get dressed in sweats and her slippers with a jacket. He grabs the duffle bag from closet. "Ready?"

"No." She whimpers, shaking her head. "I can't." She shakes her head again as she looks down. "I'm not going. I'm scared, I don't want to."

"Hey." He whispers, crouching next to her. "Hey, if anyone can do this, it's you. I'm scared too." He takes her hand. "We're gonna have a baby, let's have it at the hospital." She whimpers again, nodding. "C'mon." He takes her down to his truck, tossing the duffle into the bed before starting it up, driving down to the hospital.

+++

"Hey Hardy." Morgan says into his phone as he paces in the hall, holding a cup of ice. He might've passed out for a second.

"Dude, it's two in the morning. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah everything's fine. Hey listen, Dani is having the baby."

"What!?" He shoots up in bed, tapping Caleigh on the back. "She's having- the baby's coming now. We're on our way. Where're y'all at?"

"The one off Dover, Davidson County." He breathes out, his hands shaking as he hangs up, returning to the room Dani's in.

+++

Hardy and Caleigh rush to the waiting room. Morgan makes his way there, lowkey panicking. "Hey y'all." He smiles at his friends.

"How's it goin? How's she doin?" Michael asks, handing Morgan a cup of coffee.

"She's got a long way to go." He sighs, running his hand through his hair. "I should be with her."

"I'll go see her." Caleigh says, squeezing his shoulder. She heads down the hallway to her room and knocks on the door quietly. "Dani?"

"Fuck. What!?" She snaps.

"Hey, how are you? Do you need anything?" Caleigh asks, standing next to her, brushing some of her sweaty hair out of her flushed face.

"Where's Morgan?"

"He's with Michael, right now." Dani exhales sharply. "Do you need me to get him?"

"Pfft. I can do this myself. Daddy ain't raise no bitch." She forces out as she lays back against the shitty hospital pillow. "What time is it?"

"Quarter til four."

"In the morning!?" Caleigh uses a nearby towel to wipe her face off. "Shit. It feels like I've been doing this for fucking days."

The door opens, Morgan and her OB enter the room. "Excuse me." Caleigh leaves, shutting the door behind her.

"I gotta be close, Doc, I've been here for fuckin hours."