Nine

Talkin' Tennessee - Morgan Wallen

Morgan is still kind of pissed at Hardy but definitely not as pissed as before. He's apologized over and over to Dani for yelling at her, she keeps him that it's alright. Today's the day where they finish the album, he and Hardy have to work together. Dani decided to stay home for this round, hoping to stay out of their way.

"Hey." Hardy says to Morgan. "How's it goin'?"

"It's great, thanks." He responds, fiddling with the mic in the booth. "Sorry for, y'know, yellin at you."

"Hey don't sweat it." He says. "I'm seriously sorry."

"Thanks." He nods. "So, last few songs. Let's get it goin'."

+++

several months later

It's about three in the morning when Morgan's phone starts going crazy. It wakes the couple up, Dani whines as she turns on her opposite side away from him. "What? Hello?" He says in a husky voice, lowkey turning Daniella on. "What?" He sits up, suppressing a yawn as Dani rolls back around against him. "Wait-what? Seriously!?" He asks fully awake. "Get the hell outta here, Hardy!"

"Shut up." She groans, covering her ears.

"I'm going on tour with Luke Bryan!" He whispers to her.

"Oh my god!" She laughs, sitting up to hug him. "This is huge! Congratulations, darlin'!"

The couple laughs after he hangs up with Hardy. "I can't believe this." He grins as he pushes a hand through his hair.

"I'm so proud of you." She leans up and kisses him, climbing on his lap as she slides her arm around his shoulders as he holds her by the waist. She moves her hips as she deepens the kiss, her hands in his hair. "So when does it start?"

"They want me and Hardy and everyone on Luke's team to get together in a few days and talk 'bout it."

"Wow, this is so amazin'." She smiles. "So when do I get to listen to your album?" Morgan stands and goes to his closet. On the top shelf, all the way in the back, is an old boot shoebox that he pulls out and sits back on the bed with. He opens it and reveals old pictures of him and Dani, memories, and his album on vinyl.

She's never seen this box before. "How long have you had this?" She asks, looking through it.

"How long have we known each other?" He asks, putting the vinyl on the record player, sliding the jacket behind it.

"Twenty one years?"

"Then I've had it for twenty one years."

She shakes her head as she pulls out a ticket from a movie they saw. "This, you kept this?" She chuckles. "This movie sucked."

"Hey, we ended up hookin' up in the bathroom so I don't wanna hear that it sucked."

"It's a Jim Carrey movie!" She laughs. "Dumb and Dumber wasn't good!"

"Yeah huh!" He says, sitting criss-cross across from her. "What about this?" He holds up a fair ticket. "I spent so many tickets to win you that damn stuffed cow."