Two

Sadie Robertson as Daniella 'Dani' Hunt

7 Summers - Morgan Wallen

Daniella is sitting in a small coffee shop in the heart of Knoxville as she works on her thesis for her Law in American Society class. She's sitting in a back corner with a textbook open and a highlighter in her hand. She decides to take a break and get some more coffee and maybe a cookie for working so damn hard. She hums along to the song playing on the radio, Luke Combs' She Got the Best of Me. After that track ends, the DJ introduces a 'brand new song' "this next one is a new one from an up and comin' artist, here's 7 Summers by Morgan Wallen."

Her heart stops as she stands in the middle of the shop with her mouth open. "Did she just say Morgan Wallen?" She asks the guy behind the counter, he nods in response. She stands there for the whole song, listening to the lyrics, they have to be about her. She had no idea that he could sing, he's never mentioned anything related to music before, besides singing in the church choir where his dad preaches.

"Whoever he wrote that about must've broke his heart." The DJ says, making Dani's cheeks heat up. "We have George Strait comin up after this."

Dani makes her way back to her table. There's no way that he wrote he wrote that about her, they haven't talked in years, not since that day she moved into her dorm. She just shakes it off and tries to go back to writing her paper, instead she zones out and starts thinking about her ex-boyfriend.

+++

"Hey Miss Dani." Michael Hardy, her closest friend, says, grabbing her shoulders to give them a playful squeeze. "What's up?" He sits across from her in the small cafe. Hardy is a musical prodigy, he's always had the gift of songwriting, something this town always needs.

"Just been chuggin' away on my thesis for law."

"That's awful."

"Hey, do you know Morgan Wallen?"

"Of course I do. He and I are buddies."

"Since when!?" She shouts, everyone in the shop looks at her.

"I dunno. We met at a party a couple years ago and hit it off." He shrugs. "How do you know him?"

"I don't."

"Yeah you do. If you didn't, you wouldn't have brought 'em up." She rolls her eyes. "Spill."

"We grew up together." She shrugs. "And dated for a while."

"Really? How come I never knew this?"

"I dunno. I guess I kinda just pushed him outta my head until I heard a song of his on the radio."

"Which one? He's gettin' time on the radio?"

"Somethin' about summers." Michael gives her a shit eating grin. "What?"

"He loves that one."

"How'd you know?"

"He told me, had me help him brainstorm and an old relationship came to his head. He said he misses what that was." She shakes her head. "Seriously." He digs around in his bag for a thick folder of papers.

"I have an extra binder if you need it, I also have those dividers too to organize yourself."

"I'm fine, darlin'." He says, filtering through the mess. "Just need the syllabus for Young, he said we have to write an original song for the final, said he assigned it on the first day."

"That's why I keep everything organized in a binder with dividers." She says quietly, giggling at a look he gives her. "Just sayin'."

"You're always just sayin'." His phone starts ringing, Morgan Wallen coming up on the screen. "Hey man...Nah, just hangin out with my friend while she's workin on shit... yeah she's cute..."