Twenty Seven

Somebody's Problem - Morgan Wallen

Daniella is in bed when Hardy comes over around eleven, she can't sleep on her side as comfortably so she's been sitting up all night.

"How's it goin' with her?" Hardy asks quietly as to not wake her from his spot in the living room. Morgan gives him a look with tired eyes, Hardy chuckles. "That bad?"

"No not bad..." he scratches his growing facial hair. "Just tough. It's hard to tell what's gonna set her off." He rubs his face. "I'm tryin' so hard to be patient with her but it just..." Dani's eavesdropping, her heart aching from the words her husband is saying.

"That's the best thing you can do for her," Hardy says. "Be patient." Morgan exhales heavily. "What's this song you got?"

"Right. It's this." He hands him the notepad. "I was laying in bed with her and it just hit me."

"Morning boys." Dani says casually as she walks past the living room. "What're y'all up to?"

"Jam sesh." Hardy smiles. "How're you feelin'?"

"I'm great." That's not the answer Morgan was expecting. "Real good." He's confused and nervous now.

"That's good." Hardy nods. "We're just workin' on a song Morgan thought of last night."

"Then I'll leave y'all to it." She goes into the kitchen to fix herself some lunch.

"Weird." Hardy mutters, looking back at Morgan who's sitting back against the couch with his blue eyes fixed on the floor. "You okay?"

"I need to go for a drive." He stands and hands Hardy his guitar before picking up his keys. "Do you need anything while I'm out, darlin'?"

"Can you get chocolate milk?"

"Sure." He presses a kiss to her temple before leaving.

She watches him drive off. "What's wrong with him?"

"I dunno." He shrugs. "You okay?"

"Not really." She admits as she sits next to him. "I feel bad for Morgan."

"Why?"

"Because I keep snapping at him and I try to stop it but it just comes out." She sighs loudly as she pushes her hair back. "I feel so bad." Tears for in her eyes. "God, I am so sick of these mood swings." Hardy wraps his arm around her shoulder comfortingly. "I've got like three months left of this and I'm worried that it's..."

"What?"

"I'm scared it's gonna break things between us." She admits, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. "And I'm scared that we're gonna take another break and it'll turn into separating and then a divorce and I'll be a single mother-"

"Hey, calm down." He says, a hand on her knee. "He's not gonna leave you, you're not gonna be a single mom, and things are gonna be fine." She takes a deep breath.

The door opens and Morgan walks in with a suitcase of Bud Light and a gallon of chocolate milk. "Hey baby." He gives her a soft smile which fades when he sees tear tracks down her cheeks. "What's wrong?" She nods toward the kitchen, he follows.