Six

Whatcha Know 'Bout That - Morgan Wallen

"Hey y'all." The waitress greets the three, setting menus on the table. "How're y'all doin' today?"

"Real good." Hardy answers, his eyes trained on her face. "How're you?"

"I'm real good." She blushes. "Welcome on in to Charsey's, my name is Paisley and I'm gonna be y'all's waitress today. Can I start y'all off with some drinks?"

"Water for me, please." Dani says, looking at her menu.

"I'll take an iced tea." Morgan says quietly, the booth feeling small as he tries to keep distance between him and Dani. "Thanks."

"Of course, and for you?"

"I'll take a Bud Light." He says as he gets his wallet out for his ID, she checks it then walks away. "Wow, is she beautiful for what?" He gushes when she's left the table.

"Go for it, baby!" Dani grins, patting his arm. "Why not, y'know?"

"Life's too short to not do really stupid things." Morgan comments, glancing over at Dani.

"You guys are right- here she comes." He tries to look cool as he's looking over the menu.

"Ready to order?" Paisley asks, smiling at Hardy.

"I will take a burger with fries." Dani orders first.

"Can I have the special of the day please? The one that's on the board."

"Sure." She writes it down. "And you, honey?"

"Hmm," he drawls out, Dani has to bite her lip to keep from laughing, turning her attention to the parking lot as she rubs the back of her neck. "Are you on the menu?" Morgan looks out to the view of the mountains through the window, biting his tongue.

"What?"

"You. Are you on the menu?"

Paisley rolls her eyes but can't help but smile. "Are you flirtin' with me hun?" She asks as she pops her notepad holdin hand on her hip, her left hand holding onto her pen.

"Is it not obvious?" He asks nervously. "Is this weird? Sorry." He shakes his head. "I'll just have the, uh, same as her." His face is bright red. "Thanks." She chuckles quietly as she walks away.

"Wow." Dani says.

"Shut up. I was nervous!"

"You totally bombed that, yikes." Morgan giggles. "I thought you'd be so smooth but you failed."

"I know!" He huffs. "I need to get some air." He stands and heads outside. Paisley drops their drinks off before heading back to the kitchen.

Dani and Morgan look at each other before laughing loudly, the sound echoing off the walls. "I have never seen him do that bad before, oh my god." Dani laughs, shaking her head. "Looks like she gave him a little extra beer, huh?" She nods at the glass, grabs it, then takes a few swallows from it.

"He's comin'." Morgan whispers to her, nudging her to put it back down. She does quickly, looking around the diner to act natural. "You okay, bud?"

"I'm great." He exhales. "What the hell happened to my beer?" He glares at the nearly empty glass. "Daniella?" She shakes her head, refusing to look at him. "You have foam on your lip."

"Shit." She wipes her mouth on Morgan's shoulder. He groans and pulls away, giggling. "You can have some of my water if you want."

"Excuse me, ma'am?" Morgan gets Paisleys attention. "There seems to be a hole in his glass."