Thirteen

If I Know Me // Redneck Love Song - Morgan Wallen

The two best friends lay side by side, naked and panting, laughing quietly. "You have no idea how long I've waited to do that with you, darlin'." Hardy smiles. "You are so beautiful."

"Thanks." She mumbles, pulling her clothes back on, he isn't as good as Morgan is but he's still good. "I gotta know if he's cheatin' on me, Michael." She stands as she tugs her jeans on.

"You're on a break right?"

"But I think we're still engaged? I don't know anymore." She sits back down as she pulls her bra back on, biting her lip when she feels a kiss against her shoulder tattoo. "Things used to be so simple when it was just me and you here at school. Hell, some guy named Ernest flirted with me last semester!"

"Ernest?"

"Ernest. He said he knew me from somewhere." Hardy laughs. "What?"

"He's a buddy of mine. He was over when you had a date or whatever and saw that picture of us in the livin' room and thought you were the prettiest thing he's ever seen." She rolls her eyes. "He's datin' some Delaney girl now."

"I gotta see Morgan." She grabs her keys and purse. "Thank you for lettin' me stay with you." She smiles.

"You're welcome back anytime, darlin'." He kisses her forehead. "Let me know what's goin' on, okay?"

"I will. See ya later, Michael." He winks at her from his bed as she leaves, sighing heavily when he's alone again.

+++

"Morgan!?" She shouts when she swings the door open, looking around at the mess in the kitchen and living room. "Hello?"

There's rustling from upstairs. "Dani?" He rushes down the steps and gives her a tight hug. "Hey." She scrunches her nose up at him. "I missed you." She hums in response as she drops her keys on the table next to the door. "Ella I-"

"Did you have another girl here?" She cuts him off as she walks around the kitchen. "And don't lie to me." He's silent as he runs his hand through his hair. "You did, didn't you?" She scoffs loudly. "What the hell?"

"Hey! You hooked up with someone too!"

Her face falls. "No I- how did you-"

"I didn't know 'til now." He spits. "Who was it? Was he as good as me?"

"Morgan, it doesn't matter!" Her face is pink. "No." He smirks. "I can't believe this."

"What happened to us?" He whispers. "Things used to be so much easier." He takes a deep breath. "Tour kicks back on next week."

"Good for you."

"I want you to come to the Nashville date, bring Hardy." He states. "I had to do a lotta beggin' but I got two tickets with backstage passes and all that shit." He says, pulling an envelope out of a drawer. "It's three weeks, the last date."

"Okay." She sighs. "Yeah, we'll be there."

"Great." He goes to give her a kiss on the cheek before stopping. "What's this?" He runs his thumb over a hickey on her neck. His eyes go down to her chest. "What the hell, Daniella? These look fresh." He says as he pulls down the collar of her shirt, exposing more marks and her bra.

She smacks his hands away. "Stop it."

"Who was it?" He asks, crossing his arms. "Hardy?" She doesn't look at him. "Seriously?"

"You had another girl in our bed!" She yells.

He's silent for several long seconds. "Call it even!?"