Chapter 2

Before his parents divorced, Michael had formed his own little group of friends.

Of course, Jeremy had always been by his side. Michael had known Jeremy for almost his entire life, and he had always been a reliable friend. Somehow, he always felt safe and grounded when the other was close.

Carlos Alvarez, a kid in the same grade as them, had been socially outcasted for most of his school life. He had short, spiky dark hair and a tan complexion. He came to Michael and Jeremy out of admiration, for how cool they were and how nobody ever messed with them. Michael and Jeremy accepted him for who he was, and since then he decided to simply go by as Carl.

And then there was Alexander Switzer. Alex had seen the group of three at Fredbear's, after all, he was forced to go there because his elder brother, Philip, worked there. He had seen with his own two eyes how much fun they had together, and desperately wanted to join. He was short and skinny, with brown short messy hair, green eyes, and was almost as pale as snow. Michael had caught the younger boy spying on them, and offered him to join.

It was just the four of them against the world.

Their first target was none other than Christopher Afton.

Every day, things seemed to get worse for Chris. Michael and his friends would bully and harass him relentlessly, showing no remorse when he begged them to stop.

The poor boy eventually had enough of it and told his elder sister about it.

"Chris, I can't believe Mikey is doing that! We should go tell Fatha! Surely he'll understand!" The eight-year-old child was brimming with optimism and confidence but was stopped dead in her tracks by none other than Michael himself.

"If you say even a damn word to my Fatha, I'm going to beat the hell out of the both of you until you can't walk for the rest of your pathetic lives." He threatened, pointing his worn out baseball bat at Elizabeth's neck. Chris clung onto her, shaking like a leaf and squeezing his eyes shut at the thought of what he had said. Elizabeth took a few moments to process what he had said and slowly nodded.

There was nothing they could do.