Chapter 6

July 18th, 1983.

2 days before the party.

Chris was at Fredbear's, again. He held the plush in his arms, trembling. He could imagine what his little bear friend would be saying at the moment.

'He hates you. You have to get up. You can get out this time, but you have to hurry.' He could hear Fredbear's voice in his head.

Chris remembered Charlie's smile. Right. Charlie probably wouldn't like him if she knew he was like this. She had never seen him cry before.

'You have to hurry.' It repeated.

Chris tried to straighten his legs the best he could, and rushed out the restaurant, adrenaline coursing through his veins. His vision started to blur and he felt lightheaded as he ran, but finally he was out. The heavy red doors made a loud noise as they shut. Chris was still trying to catch his breath until he turned his head up to face a child a little younger than him. Brown hair and blue eyes, holding a plushie of Spring Bonnie. Chris stared at it, tensing up. It looked as if it was analyzing his every move and it set him on edge.

"Where is your plush toy? Mine is Spring Bonnie." 

"Huh, but Fredbear is right here?" Chris looked down at his arms. There was the plush looking back up at him. 

"Silly, there's nothing there!" The child said, holding in a chuckle. But Fredbear was still there. Chris didn't get it. The whole situation made him want to cry, and he started shaking again.

"My daddy says I have to be careful with him or he'll pinch my finger!" The child continued on, beaming. Chris held Fredbear tighter, looking down at the plush again. Ragged pointy teeth and human eyeballs stared at him disturbingly, and the lightheadedness came back again. 

The child said something else, but Chris couldn't hear it. All he could see was the gruesome appearance of the plushie, and he looked up to face the child and saw their face covered by what was like a mask. A mask of dark, black, goop. It looked like they were melting. He froze. He paled from the sight, and ran away, tears catching in his eyes. He felt like he was being watched, but Fredbear said nothing this time.

As he ran out, he was interrupted by none other than Lizzie. 

"Chris! Hey!" She called out, and he abruptly stopped before he tripped over a rock. She caught up to him, her hair tied up in pigtails, an orange bow in one tie and a pink one in the other, both having white buttons in the center. Her orange hair looked prettier reflecting off the sunlight, and for once her full-of-life emerald eyes sparked anger. 

"These meanies keep saying really mean things about Spring Bonnie and Fredbear! They keep saying how they'll come to life at night and kill you! They even go as far to say that Fatha and Mr. Emily would hide your body and never tell anyone! Fatha would never do such cruel things! He doesn't have a mean bone in his body!" Elizabeth exclaimed, getting obnoxiously close to his face in her passionate rant.

Chris looked up at her, the tears still in his eyes. He was still upset, and a part of his mind wondered if that rumor was really true. It upset him, a lot. He felt like he barely knew his father at all, so he couldn't even tell if he could trust him or not. Lizzie and Michael always had spoke of him fondly, of how he was before, but Chris could barely remember anything before Mum had left. Sometimes he would daydream about it, wondering what it must have been like.

"Chris? Why do you look so worried? It's just a bunch of lies." She said, concern in her voice. Chris tried to explain but all that came out was mumbles, and soon it turned into sobs. Lizzie gave him a hug, much to his surprise.

"Don't worry Chris, I'll make sure your birthday is a good experience! We could go play the arcade machines and stuff, after all, Fatha will definitely give us unlimited tokens!" She beamed brightly. Chris pulled out of the hug and wiped his tears.

"Okay." He gave a small smile. Fredbear seemed to smile too. Lizzie walked back into Fredbears, probably to go bug Fatha. Chris kept walking forward. He just wanted to go home.

"Hey, aren't you that kid who always hides under the tables and cries? What was your name again? Chris?" He recognized the voice and face immediately. Alex. He didn't have his mask with him (surprisingly) but there he was, looking down at him. Chris shivered in fear, holding Fredbear tighter, even if he said nothing. Alex laughed at his behavior. 

"No one else is scared! Why are you? They're just some stupid robots, maybe if you toughened up we wouldn't do it for you!" He spat out, proceeding to wheeze hysterically after. 

Chris ran away, past a blue car and some fat kid that laughed at him about something, and his vision blurred as he ran forward, disoriented. He finally made it into the house. Fredbear still hadn't said a word, yet he was still looking up at him with... care? Chris couldn't place how it felt in his head.

'Be careful.' The plushie finally spoke, in it's soft and guiding voice. Cautiously, he headed towards his room and opened the door.

Michael suddenly jumped out and scared him, at least, he thought he was there. In the next few seconds, he was nowhere to be found. In a fit of confusion, Chris sobbed on his bed.

'Tomorrow is another day.'

---

Michael was exhausted. Not only did he have schoolwork to stay on top of, he had to help his father with excessive amounts of paperwork. He felt like his right hand was going to fall off from all the writing he was doing.

"Focus." William said, snapping Michael out of his thoughts. He didn't even realize he was daydreaming again.

One of the many times he wished Jeremy didn't exist so he didn't have to feel so... sick.

Jeremy Fitzgerald. His best friend. Nothing more, nothing less. He felt the same way around Jeremy as he did around some girls and it confused him. Made him nauseous. He didn't like it at all. He couldn't tell if he liked girls or guys and it was driving him insane.

It's not like he could tell anyone though.

William sighed as Michael kept on writing.

'You have nothing to sigh over.' Michael thought to himself in frustration. Why wouldn't he get it?

"Tomorrow will be another day of this, so you better get used to it."