Love of my life

"I can't believe it took me so long to confess..I love you so much Ally" 
"I love you too" I smiled as he cupped my cheek and tilted my head, our lips danced together as the rain started pouring down..he spun me around as our bodies formed one under the rainy skies..

"Hey Ally" 
I jumped, the man I was literally just daydreaming about pulled me out of my embarrassing thoughts, I felt my face get hot

"Hey" I said softly and continued wiping the counter, I almost forgot I was at work. 

"Quick question..would you mind covering my shift tomorrow?" 

"Oh.." I have plans with Gia tomorrow..I'm sure she'll understand, it's for the love of my life anyways.."sure" I smiled 

"Thanks Ally! You're the best" he cheesed and fist bumped me. 

He touched me. 
Holy shit. 
I watched him walk away from me, he told our manager that I agreed to take his shift. 

"Ally you promised me you'd come tomorrow" Gia whined as I drove home, I had her connected to the bluetooth in my car 

"I know..but you know how I feel about Tod"
"Is he really more important than your best friend though?"
"No! Absolutely not! Look, I'm happy for you and Namjoon, I really really am..and I want to be there but I couldn't say no" 
"Fine" she huffed "you better not miss another one" 
"I won't, I swear!" 
"Okay.. I love you! Be safe"
"I love you too" 
We ended the call and I continued driving home. 

Namjoon and Gia. 

A match made in heaven. 

It's sickening how cute they are together.

Gia and I have been best friends since kindergarten, she was always a wild child..until we started college and she met Namjoon. The foreign exchange student from South Korea, I had never seen Gia so in love before.

They clicked instantly, it was funny to watch, I bumped into him and dropped my book on his feet making him trip, we fumbled to grab our stuff and then he introduced himself and asked for my help finding his class, I agreed and apologized a million times over because I felt so bad. Right before we made it to his class Gia called my name, Namjoon and I both turned to face her and as soon they locked eyes she turned bright red and face planted. 

They've been inseparable ever since. 
It took a year for Namjoon to man up and confess his feelings to her, now they've been together for two years. 
Tomorrow is their beginning of summer barbeque, they want to make it an annual thing now that they have their own home. 

And I'm missing the first one. 

Fuck 

Namjoon's friends and family were coming too, I haven't had a chance to meet them yet and they've all been in town for two days already, but work is kicking my ass. Gia has met all of them and gave me the basic rundown of their personalities and everything else she could possibly gossip about. 
They seem fun. 

I put my car in park and walked into my empty apartment, I threw my bag down onto the floor and grabbed a beer out of the fridge

"Bill, bill, bill, junk, bill.." I mumbled to myself as I flipped through my mail, I finished my beer and got a shower before going to my room, once my head hit the pillow I crashed. I woke up in the morning to my phone ringing 

Boss man
"Hello?"
"Hey Ally, I know you're covering Tod today but I changed the shift. I need you to come in as soon as you can and work until three"
Yessssss I can still go see Gia! 
"Okay, no problem. I'll be right there"