Wal-Mart Workin'

New story, guys! Isn't it exiting! I will definetly try to update often because I honestly love this story so much! I'm already two hundred pages in and it's almost done. I decided to post it on wattpad on a whim, so bare with me.

>>>>>>>>>

There was a sudden rapping at my door. I could hear it clearly, sharp against my ears from the inside of my Rose Oak coffin filled with my home soil. With each harsh tap with somebody's knuckles, I flinched. I was just having the best dream, or maybe it was the worst, I don't even know - I don't dream. I growl gently, but I get up, pushing opens the top, stepping over candy rappers and stretched. The constant and even knocking continued and so did my annoyance.

I pull my dark as night hair into a sloppy bun and, with my eyes still closed because I was one tired bitch, I speed ran to the door, opening it with a violent tug.

"I know I'm late for work, but you didn't have to send someone. How goddamn rude is that?" I sneer, opening my eyes, hoping my eyes weren't as blood shot as I thought they were. Damn, was I starving? I have no idea; I normally keep up with this kind of stuff so I don't go on some crazy killing spree, how awkward would that be?

"Um, babe, I don't think you're late because it's barely eight. Did you go to bed early or something? You look ravishing!" My friend, Casey, pushed past me and into my kitchen, resting some bags on the table. He was my one and only friend that I actually trusted. He was gay, and yes, he was certainly all types and shades of fabulous.

"Thank God it's you. If it would have been anybody else, you would be so dead right now." I groan, and sit at my kitchen bar.

He smirked, and his blue eyes twinkled and his...oh, man, his jugular pulsed with that sweet, sweet liquid that would go absolutely nice with some Italian bread and maybe a side of,- "Are you checking me out again?" He covered his neck with his scarf as attempted to regain control of my hunger.

"What?" I wine, "I'm hungry!"

"Charlotte, you know you should really keep track. I bought you the calendar and everything, sweetums!" He says, frustrated, opening his bag, to reveal the one and many ultimatums of being his gal pal, because not only was he awesome, he was also a nurse, "Type O! They finally had some poor kid come in and whaddya know?" He laughs and so do I.

I pull myself over the counter with inhuman speed and hug him. "Thank you thank you thank you!" I squeal before trying to reach over him to tear it apart.

"Hey!" Casey shook his head and pushed me back. "You are not an animal!" He says, "You are one classy ass vampire and you better start acting like it, Char."

I pout, the heat in my throat growing and growing as he opens one of the packages and pours it into a wine glass. "Hurry..." I say without modesty as I moan and complain at how slow he is. "Casey, I love you, but you better hurry up or you'll seriously regret it." I growl.

He gives me a sly look, "I wish you would, sweetie, I got three cans of pepper spray in this jacket and I am not afraid to use it."

"Pepper spray?" I stop trying to reach over him and stare blankly at him. "Why in the world would you need pepper spray?"

He pushes back his jacket to reveal a sparkly top with some really tight pants, that I'm scared I'm going to have to cut off of him later, and of course; some new spanking heels. "Honey, I am too hot for these streets. Why wouldn't I? Just on my way here I almost got stolen!" He hands me the cup and I take it, rolling my eyes.

"Give me a break." I mumble under my breath, and then turn to my glass. My fangs slowly sunk out, releasing the constant ache of this blood-lust. I tipped the glass back and chugged it. The cool substance slithered down my throat, satisfying my thirst as my stomache began to fill up to the brim with Type O. I set it down and sighed. "That was good." I rub my mouth with the back of my hand and run over to my couch, turning on the TV and then some Housewives of New Orleans.

"Nevermind what I said about you not being an animal, jeez." Casey snorted, desgusted, sauntering over and then...turning off the tube.

I lean back and let out a short scream. "What the hell, Case?!"

"You have to go to work!" He stresses with a flick of his hand.

I stare at him. And I mean, I really stare at him. He was in his late twenties and was easily the hottest man on the block. He had light blonde hair that he spiked up and high cheek bones with the bluest eyes I've ever seen. And I'm a vamp. But how he could be so dumb as to think I'd waste my time going to that hell hole I work in, is beyond me.

"It's a good thing your pretty, Casey." I say and stand, "And Type A, too." I fake a shiver only to have a pillow thrown at me.

"Go take a shower, you stink!" He orders and sits down, taking out his phone. "Hey...Char?" He asks, I turn before I close the door and make a face. "Can I use your house for, uh, a...uh,...."

Now, I really make a face! "A booty call? Ugh! I'm all pro-gay or whatever, but seriously? MY HOUSE?" I face plant the floor and gaze up at him. He was blushing! He never blushes. EVER.

"Pretty please? I really like him! And it's not a booty call, I swear. Just a movie and stuff." He looks to his phone and gives me one last puppy look. I may be one badass immortal, but I swear, this boy....

"Go for it." I sigh and close the door.

Being a child of night has its perks. Taking a shower only takes, like, five seconds. I don't have to waste my money on groceries. Or helath care because I'm not dying anytime soon. Well, again...anyway. I'm fast, I'm strong, I can adapt to anything and well, let's face it, I'm pretty hot. I'm tall and slender, and everything is firm. And I mean everything. My face was angular and flawless, my lips full and my eyes a shocking grey that might as well be silver, and I have long, black hair that was wavy and short bangs in the front. I am a work of art.

I get dressed in a pair of blue sweatpants and my Wal-Mart t-shirt with some sneakers and then, I tie up my hair. Casey gives me his signature "What are you doing with your life" look as he sees my outfit. I put on my Wal-Mart vest and roll my eyes.

"What? It's not a fashion show, Case."

"Might as well be." He mumbles. "Don't forget your purse."

"I got it." I say and head out, but not before hearing his last words.

"And your manners." He laughs to himself.

I pull out my phone and call him. He picks up. "Don't forget I'm a vampire, I can hear you, you know."

"Yeah, yeah, give me a break." He sasses before hanging up with a short 'I love you, babe.'

I smile to myself as I get in my car and drive to the outskirts of this city where my jail awaits.