𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐈: 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝

Y/n woke up to a light grunt in her room. She slowly opened her heavy eyes and took in the morning's light. Almost immediately, she threw the covers over her head. She groaned. She heard a light chuckle and felt her covers slowly lift off of her. "Good morning." Shiro whispered, kissing at the female's cheek. "..Good morning." Y/n sat up and moved the misplaced hair out of her face.

"How long have you been awake?" She asked, yawning. "Not too long," He replied, placing another kiss on her forehead. "Just long enough to get dressed." Shiro paused and went back to the floor to finish his morning workout. Eventually he managed to get Y/n to join him for a little bit.

Y/n soon gave in to her fatigue. She stretched and slowly climbed back into bed, falling back to sleep. Shiro didn't object, he only smiled and moved on to his push ups.

𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏

A blaring siren ran throughout the castle walls. Almost everyone had shot up and fell out their beds. Shiro on the other hand, was already awake, dressed, and doing his morning workout. Astro's ears perked and he shot up along with everyone else. Due to the earsplitting noise, he covered his ears with his paws and hid under the pillow. Y/n did a similar thing and took her pillow from under her head and covered her ears to eliminate the harsh noise.

"Everyone up! Zarkon's attacking!" Allura's voice boomed over the intercom.

Lance had headphones, and a sleeping mask on. He couldn't hear a thing other than the light music playing, so he stayed asleep.

"The castle is about to be destroyed!"

Keith was also already awake and dressed. He almost ran onto the wall while fumbling to get his jacket off the wall hook. He quickly grabbed and ran to the control bridge. Pidge was asleep on the floor in the Med bay, up against one of the cryopods, and her eyes opened quickly once she heard Allura's voice. She ran to the control bridge, with Rover following close behind.

"Hurry! We can't survive much longer!"

"You've got to sell it a bit more," Coran cleared his throat. "Oh no! Allura is dead! Aw, it's horrible! Her head fell off!" Coran continued with his acting. Only 4 out of the 6 paladins were in the control bridge witnessing Coran's terrible acting skills. Allura's face fell. "Coran, it's over." Coran looked up and finally realized the drill was actually over.

"I'm guessing this isn't an actual attack." Shiro spoke, responding almost as if he was asking a question.

"And it's a good thing it wasn't because.. Coran?" Allura fumed. "Seventy-five degrees." He stared confidently. His face fell slightly in realization. "Oh, sorry. This is a meat thermometer."

"However long it was, it was too long." Allura began again. "You must always be ready to do battle with Zarkon. Look at you! Only Shiro is in his armor. Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your bayards? And where is Lance and Y/n?"

Everyone turned to the door when they heard it slide open. It was Lance. He was still in his pajamas, and just took off his face mask, so his skin; chef kiss. Astro came not to long after and laid back down near the Allura's podium, and yawned, using his hind leg to scratch his side and behind his ears, and going back to sleep. "Morning, everybody. What's going on?"

"Now that Lance is here, the only person we need now is Y/n." Pidge announced, gaining Allura's attention. "You're right! Where is she?!" "Well, if she isn't already out here, she must still be sleeping." Keith replied, crossing his arms. "I'm surprised that alarm didn't get her up. I swear she could sleep through a natural disaster."

"Well," Allura began. "Can you all please be so kind as to wake her up. We have much to do today."

𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏