𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

*on Zarkon's ship.*

"The Blue Lion has returned, and now I feel a resurgence of Altean energy."

"Alfor's daughter lives?" Zarkon began in a deep voice. "How?"

Haggar answered. "I know not, but it is time to reclaim what is rightfully ours."

"Yes. I will wipe that foul race from the universe forever, and take back Voltron. Contact my commanders."

*back to the castle*

"Princess, you must eat. It's been 10,000 years." Coran said. Y/n's eyes widened a bit with realization. Now, with food being mentioned, the female had realized she was hungry herself. She took her bag off her shoulders, and set on the floor. She first gave Astro the last chunk of cheese to eat, and herself a bag of her favorite chips.

"I'm not hungry."

"Man, 10,000 years? That's like 1,000 plus 10." Lance said. Keith turned to him. "That's times 10." "Whatever dropout."

"I haven't eaten since breakfast and I'm starving." Y/n offered him some of her chips and smiled. She also offered the Princess some, but she kindly refused. "Yes please! Thanks Y/n!" He happily ate the handful of chips. "Oh my gosh, this is delicious!" Pidge stepped in. "Yeah, but you've thrown up like, five times."

"Hmm. Good point."

"I can't believe your civilization created such advanced technology 10,000 years ago. It must've been an incredible place." Shiro said. Y/n put the bag back in her bag. "I bet it was.."

"Yes, it was.. but now it is gone, and we're the last Alteans alive."

Allura looked down in sadness, and Coran rested his hand on the Princess's shoulder. She hugged him, and began sobbing softly. Allura's ears twitched. She walked forward, looked down a smiled brightly. It was the space mice. "Looks like we aren't the last after all."

An alarm sounded in the background. Coran gasped and quickly turned around to check the issue. "A Galra battleship has it's tracker to us!"

"How did they find us?!" Allura asked.

Lance stepped forward. "I'm not sure, but I bet it's Keith's fault."

"Say whatever you've got to say to make yourself feel better," Keith shrugged. "After getting us stuck on the other side of a wormhole!"

"I'll stick you in a wormhole!" Lance yelled.

Y/n began to get fed up. "Alright, quit it! This isn't the time to blame each other for past actions. Now, we have to work as a team." She crossed her arms. "How long until they get here?" She asked.

"At their speed?" Coran began counting on his fingers. "Oh, well, carry the two.. I'd say about a couple of days."

"Good." Allura started. "Let them come. By the time they get here, you six will have reformed Voltron, and together, we will destroy Zarkon's empire!"

"I mean, I didn't sign up for this, but okay."

The line moved down to Hunk, where he and Astro had just finished eating the entire bowl of food goo. He burped. "Sorry. Food goo." His stomach grumbled, and Astro shook the minor pieces of food out his muzzle.

"Princess, there are six of these lions. How are we going to find the rest?" Shiro asked.

Allura led everyone to the control bridge. She stood in the middle, closed her eyes, and the neon blue crystal above her head lit up. "King Alfor connected the lions to Allura's life force. She alone is the key to the lions' whereabouts."

Allura opened her eyes. A hologram of what looked like the entire universe appeared and spread across the entire room. "Whoa.."

"These are coordinates." Pidge started. "The Black Lion looks like it's in the same place as the Blue Lion."

"Look at your primitive synapses firing away in their little brain cave." Coran complimented.

Astro titled his head. Y/n was confused. "Sir, speak English please."

"Very observant." Allura complimented as well. "That's because the Black Lion is in the castle."

"To keep the Black lion out of Zarkon's hands, King Alfor locked the Black lion in the castle. It can only be freed if the other five lions are present. Especially the White Lion since it has the closest bond with the Black Lion."

"As you have found, The lions choose their pilots. It is a mystical bond and cannot be forced. The quintessence of the pilot is mirrored in his or her lion. Together, they form something greater that science can explain." Allura moved her hand to the Black Lion's hologram.

"The Black Lion is the decisive head of Voltron. It will take a pilot who is a born leader and in control at all times," The Lion's hologram moved closer to Shiro. "Someone whose men will follow without hesitation. That is why, Shiro, you will pilot the Black Lion." Allura spoke again.

"The Green Lion has an inquisitive personality. And needs a pilot of intellect and daring." The Green Lion's hologram moved to Pidge. "Pidge, you will pilot the Green Lion. The Blue Lion-" Allura was cut of by Lance. "Hold up, let me guess, It takes the most handsome slash best pilot of the bunch?" Allura and Y/n each gave Lance a straight face. The Princess then skipped the Blue Lion. "The Yellow Lion is caring and kind." Allura slowly turned the hologram to face the Yellow Lion and its location. "Its pilot is one who puts the need of others above his own. His heart must be mighty." The Yellow Lion's hologram floated to Hunk. "As the leg of Voltron, you will lift the team up and hold them together." Hunk made a face that practically yelled 'Huh? Me?' Y/n giggled.

"The Red Lion is temperamental and by far the most difficult to master." The hologram of the red Lion appeared above Allura's palms. "It's faster and more agile than the others, but also more unstable. Its pilot need to be someone who relies more on instincts than skill alone." The hologram floated to Keith, but Lance looked and seemed confident that it would float over to him. "Keith, you will fly the Red Lion."

"What? This guy?" Keith gave him a side glance.

"Unfortunately, I cannot locate the Red or White Lion's coordinates yet. There must be something wrong with the castle. After 10,000 years, it might need some work."

Coran stepped in. "Don't worry, we'll find them soon. They don't call me 'The Coranic' for nothing," Coran began rambling off, and twirling his mustache. Afterward, Allura's eyes moved back to the hologram as the White Lion's hologram appeared, then back to the newly formed team.

"Finally," Just like the Red Lion, a hologram of the White Lion appeared in Allura's palms. "The White Lion doesn't just choose anyone to be her paladin. She is the heart and wings of Voltron, and has the closest bond with the Black Lion, as you all know. Out of all the Lions, White has the most power, and is the most tactical of all the Lions. Her pilot must have a strong and pure heart along with the skill and instincts to lead alongside the Black Paladin. They must be nurturing and reveal the full potential of the other Paladins. They won't hesitate to assert their dominance if needed."

The White Lion's hologram floated its way in front of Y/n. Astro wagged his tail with excitement.

The lion was a pure angelic white with golden lights on top its head, making it look like a halo almost, along with shielded wings on its back. Her claws were a light shade of blue. It was larger than the others, about the same size as the Black Lion.

"Y/n, you will pilot the White Lion and lead alongside Shiro."