𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐨𝐧

Shiro and Pidge ran down another hall, but immediately stopped when they saw a Galra security drone.

Before it could scan them completely, Pidge shot it down. "That thing saw us. We should get out of here." Shiro said. "Wait. I think this might come in handy." Pidge started. She changed its programming before shutting the small hatch. "Now, I'll just reset the controls.." Now, instead of the drone glowing with a red light, it glowed with a blue one. "And it's working for us."

Shiro checked around the corner for any guards. The drone floated back into the air.

"I'm gonna call you Rover. Follow me!"

The two ran down the hallway, and Rover followed. They made it to a door. "Open up." Pidge said. Rover moved forward and opened the door for the two. "Excellent, Pidge." Shiro said, complimenting her.

The alien prisoners in the back of the cell got nervous. "Dad?" Pidge called, just to see that her Father wasn't in the cell. "Don't be afraid." Shiro began. "We're here to help you out of here."

One of them spoke. "It's you.. I-Its you, the Champion.." He turned to all his other cellmates. "If anyone can get us out of this place, he can."

"Wh.. What did you call me?" Shiro asked in confusion mixed in with a dash of fear.

"We don't have much time." Pidge said. "Let's get to the escape pods."

Shiro and Pidge led the prisoners out of their cell, and to the escape pods. Meanwhile, Hunk and Lance were still finding a way to take down Sendak's Ion Cannon, while also trying to fight off all the Galra fighters surrounding them.

"This is way more fun without Hunk's barfing!" Lance yelled. Hunk only groaned when he once again couldn't get bash through the barrier around the Ion Cannon.

Back inside Sendak's ship, Keith and Y/n after what seemed like forever, had finally found the Red Lion. But what was different was that instead of sitting, the lion was floating inside its red particle barrier. "Bingo." Keith said, resting his hand on the barrier. "Let's get out of here. Open up." He said, only for the Lion to be unresponsive. "It's me, Keith. Your buddy." The lion still didn't respond. "It's me! Keith, your- I am your Paladin!" He knocked on the particle barrier just like Lance did. Y/n finally spoke. "Keith, that's clearly going to work.."

Before the boy could answer, the two encountered multiple Galra sentries armed with Blasters. The soldiers fired mercilessly at the two. Keith equipped his shield. Y/n's bayard appeared in her hand. It transformed and she began firing back at the Galra sentries. Keith turned back to the Red Lion. "I'm bonding with you! Hey! Come on, we're connected!"

Keith's bayard appeared in his hand. He ran forward and began to attack. "You're not getting this lion!" Keith threw the first one off of him, and slashed the next. Y/n had sniped some of the soldiers when more came in and fired more than the last time.

The two were hit by the merciless blasts. When they got up seconds later, Keith had an idea. Keith and Y/n's helmets shifted to cover their entire faces. It was like the suits already knew what to do. The sentries were standing over what seemed like a cargo bay. And luckily it led outside the ship.

Keith's hand collided with the cargo bay's latch button, and the huge door opened beneath them. The gravitational pull from outside pulled the Galra out into space. Y/n and Keith were holding onto the control panel, trying not the get sucked in by the gravitational pull, but failed. The two paladins were floating in space, breathing heavy.

Keith's vision was met by the Red Lion, who had its mouth wide open to scoop up the Red Paladin. Y/n was met by White, who did the same with her paladin.

Keith sat in the cockpit and smirked. "Good Kitty." His hands grabbed hold of the control shifts, which powered on the inside of the lion, now glowing a soft red. "Let's roll."