𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐗: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞

"Hurry!" Pidge yelled as she signaled the prisoners into the escape pod.

"Halt." Pidge gasped as she saw Galra security sentries running towards them. Shiro made sure all the prisoners got inside the pod, then ran next to Pidge. Just as Shiro brought his arm up, it began to glow purple. Pain welled up, causing Shiro to fall to his knees and groan in pain.

To him, every sound around him became distorted. Almost like he was underwater. Pidge worryingly asked what was wrong, but Shiro didn't answer. Now the sound was back to normal, and the pain in his arm ceased. Shiro glared upwards at the Galran robots before quickly getting up.

One of the robots had fired a laser at him, but he blocked it with his arm. Before it could shoot again, Shiro hit the first robot with a reverse roundhouse kick, hit the second with an uppercut, and slashed another three, and stabbed the last one in the side. (shiro rocked they shit-)

Pidge stared in awe, but then turned to the now free prisoners in the escape pod. "Thank you, Shiro.." One whispered just before the door closed and began to take off. "Wait! How do you-" He was cut off by Pidge fist bumping his arm. "Shiro, that was amazing! Where did you learn to fight with that?" Shiro took another look at his prosthetic arm. "No idea.."

The Yellow Lion activated its mouth cannon and began to crack the barrier around the Ion Cannon. "Come on! Just break you stupid thing!" Hunk yelled. After a couple seconds, the yellow lion's cannon broke the barrier. "Score 1 for Hunk!"

Hunk finally bashed into the Ion Cannon. Once his Lion landed, he saw the Green, Blue, White, and Red Lions in the distance. "Hey, you guys made it!"

"Kitty Rose has left the stage!" Pidge exclaimed.

"That was craziest thing I've ever done." Y/n said.

"Let's get the heck out of here!" Lance said.

"I hope I stopped that cannon," Hunk began. "I could barely make a dent in it."

"They stole the Red Lion!" "After them! Either we get those lions, or we blow this whole planet into cosmic dust! Fire the Ion Cannon!" Sendak yelled. The soldier tried to fire the cannon, but couldn't. "Sir, the Ion Cannon has been damaged." "Then, send the drones to fix it!"

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏 - 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄

Each of the Lions sat in the presence of the Black Lion's chamber. Shiro stood confidently, but on the inside was nervous. The Green Lions eyes lit up. Then Red, then Yellow, then Blue. And finally, White. Each of the Lions energy connected to the Black Lion's chamber. Allura held her hands together and brought them up to her face. With every fiber of her being she hoped and wished it would work. That she and every other being  in the known universe would have a chance and defeating Zarkon and his Empire.

The Voltron symbol on the gigantic door glowed brighter, and surely, the door opened.

Shiro's eyes widened at the sight of the Black Lion. Soon enough, everyone else's eyes widened too. The detail was just as breathtaking as the other Lions. It stood tall and firm, and was double the size of the other lions. Sure, a very very small fraction of the paint had been scratched off, but, that was besides the point.

After admiring the Black Lion, its eyes finally lit up with the rest of the lions. The Black Lion roared and after, the other Lions stood and roared with it like real life lions would.

Allura sighed in relief and Coran cheered. Not even a second later, the emergency alarm rang throughout the Control Bay. Sendak's ship was entering Arus' atmosphere and was coming in hot. "Oh, quiznak.."