𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈: 𝐀 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

Its been a full year since you and Keith left the Galaxy Garrison, and practically moved into the cabin you found. But, just the other day, Keith found a hover bike. He also found some parts for it, so he began to fix it for the both of you. It was about 2pm, and Keith's been working on it all day. When Astro went outside to use the bathroom that morning, he ended up staying outside and 'helping'  Keith. And by helping, I mean stealing Keith's wrench and trying to play reverse fetch. Astro literally ran around the literally everything until Keith caught him. But when Keith caught Astro, he didn't have the wrench in his mouth anymore.

"Astro.. where did you put the wrench..?"

The dog barked in response.

Keith found the wrench fifteen minutes later, buried next to one of the small bushes in front of the small home, courtesy of Astro. But, Keith wondered. How did Astro bury the wrench if he was chasing him around for the wrench? Astro isn't that fast is he? But wait.. Astro was in his sight the entire time. Except when Keith had stopped for a quick breather from running. And how did Astro get to the bush that far away that fast? Keith went back to fixing the hover bike, but his train of thought ended when you poked your head out the door to check on him.

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏

Y/n stepped out the door. "Keith! Are you done yet?"

"Yeah! Come look!" Keith yelled back followed by a loud bang and an ouch.

You did as he asked and walked outside to see how the bike had came along. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just banged my head." Keith replied. "Astro, can you hand me the screwdriver?" Keith held his hand out, waiting for the dog to hand him the needed item, but Astro was kind of occupied with violently shaking his chew toy in his mouth. You lightly chuckled. In the Samoyed's place, you handed Keith the screwdriver.

Since you and Keith had been living there, it was decided that the two of you would venture deeper into the desert in search for more food, water, and other necessities you two needed. When you just so happened to stumble upon a marketplace, you stocked up and bought everything the two of you needed.

"What do you need the screwdriver for anyway?" You asked. "You said the bike was done."

"I need it because one of the parts came loose, so I gotta fix it. If we're going to drive this thing we don't want parts coming undone." Once Keith was done, he came out from underneath the hover bike, his face was covered with black spots, and his hands covered in black. But he was proud of his work.

You wiped some of the black off of his face, gently pat his back. "Good job little bro!" Keith let out a small laugh, followed by a huge smile. "Thanks Y/n. You wanna try it out?"

"Hmmm.. Do I?" You said sarcastically scratching your head. "Of course I wanna try it! You didn't just fix the hover bike so we could just stare at it all day, did you?" "You're right." Keith hopped onto the bike, took the keys out of his jacket's pocket, and starting up the hover bike. You got on the back of the hover bike. "So, where are we going?" Keith asked.

"Let's go on a quick ride around the perimeter. Then to the marketplace. I need to get Astro some more cheddar, and the ingredients for tonight's dinner." y/n said taking out her curly hair out of its ponytail, letting her hair fall down. Y/n always loved the feeling of the wind in her hair. It was refreshing to you. "Let's see if this baby works." Keith nodded, and started the bike. When it had lifted off the ground, you held onto Keith. "Speaking of Astro, I almost forgot 'bout him.." Y/n whispered. Keith stopped the bike. "Astro! Come on boy!"

Not even a minute later, Astro came running outside and jumped on Y/n's lap, laying his paws over the seat. After Keith made sure the two were on the bike securely, he started the bike again, and the three were off.