𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈𝐈: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧 「𝟭/𝟮」

𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐎 𝐏𝐎𝐕

My eyes shifted to Y/n. Her eyes watched the lion's hologram as it rotated in a 360 degree motion.

"So I'm basically a mom?"

She got a small chuckle out of me. She smiled as she looked up at me. "Nah, you can't laugh. That makes you the dad." She poked my chest. We're mom and dad, huh?

She turned back to the hologram and took in probably every detail until her attention span broke when the lion roared and moved in with the other Lions. Each of them flew upwards, and formed Voltron.

"Once all the Lions are united, you will form Voltron, the most powerful warrior ever known, the Defender of the Universe."

The hologram faded away.

"Awesome."

Pidge was in awe. Hunk spoke again. "Wait. Okay, we're going to be in there and flying lions. Got that part. How do lions turn into legs? Is this going to be a long trip? Because I have to pee. Do you people pee?"

"So," Y/n started. "What I'm getting from this is that we're basically being turned into the power rangers.." She thought for a moment before crossing her arms. "Eh. I guess I'm cool with that."

"We don't have much time," I said. "Pidge and I will go after the Green Lion. Lance, you take Hunk and get the yellow one. Keith, you stay here. If you locate the Red Lion, go get it. Y/n-"

"I know, I know. Once the Princess finds the White Lion, Astro and I will go and get it." She smiled, and Astro barked.

I smiled back. "Okay. But be careful."

She poked my chest again. "I should be saying that to you, mister." I grabbed her hand before she could poke me again and looked in her eyes. "I'm serious." Y/n gave me a reassuring smile. "I will."

Y/n's always been very confident with herself. Whether it be something simple like playing video games or if she's going in the simulator back at the Garrison. And I admire that about her.

It's one of the reasons why I love her.

She doesn't know the lengths I'd go to just to make sure she's safe.

𝐘/𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"In the meantime, I'll get the castle's defenses ready." Allura said. "They'll be sorely needed."

"I'll ready a pod and load the coordinates so that you can reach the Green Lion." Coran said.

I watched as Shiro, Pidge, Hunk and Lance left the room. I walked to the window, and Astro sat right next to me. I watched the blue sky outside. It looked almost empty. The clouds in the sky were faint. Keith walked next to me and rested his head on my shoulder. "You think they'll be okay?" He asked me. I tilted my head down to meet his violet eyes. "I know they will."

"Y/n," I heard the Princess say. I turned around. "Yes?" She walked up to me and Keith. "I'd like to talk to you about the White Lion before I go and activate the castle's defenses, if that's alright."

"Oh, yeah of course."

Allura smiled. "Thank you."

As we began to walk together, the Princess spoke. "The White Lion's coordinates have been lost on the hologram. My mother was the previous Paladin, and one of the strongest people I knew." She paused. "I'm sure she was. You should tell me what it was like sometime. Altea." Allura looked at me and smiled. "I will. You seem like a great friend to have." As we walked back to the control bay, she continued about the minor features she knew of the White Lion. "My Mother destroyed all physical evidence on the White Lion's whereabouts but, connected it's quintessence with a single being somewhere in the universe." Astro barked. Allura's eyes widened at the sight of Astro. "It's.."