[ CHAPTER ONE ]

Getting off the plane, I breathed in the scent of England. It's a familiar scent, but one I couldn't really describe.

 Maybe something like a sunday morning, with fresh cut lawns and morning dew. I already knew that the studying abroad program was the right choice, and all my nerves seemed to die down, even just a little bit (which was a big deal for me).

As the shuttle bus swerved through the brighton streets just a little too fast to be safe, I felt something inside of me telling me that this was the best decision i had ever made.

-𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩-

I shut my laptop and sighed. Out of anything I could have picked to study, I just haaaaaaad to be a go-getter and pick computer science. 

My head hurt, and all the thoughts in my over-tired brain were suddenly replaced with a need for some café food while I did my homework. 

So, I googled a local coffee shop, called an uber, and nestled into the last table available, a two-seater with an outlet for my laptop (thank the lord).

A london fog latte, mac, chocolate croissant, and  random twitch stream playing in the background, the perfect environment... I was finally ready to finish my work. That is, until a brown-haired boy tapped me on the shoulder, startling me into spilling my drink all over my laptop.

"Shit!" I quickly grabbed some napkins and began to frantically sop up the puddle on my keyboard, but it was no hope. 

"Knew I should have gotten applecare..." I cursed under my breath, holding back tears quickly building up and blurring my vision. 

I looked over to see the boy still standing there in shock and fear, not knowing what to do with the broken laptop and the girl that was seemingly broken as well. "Uh- I-... There's a repair shop around the corner, i'll pay for it. I shouldn't have startled you like that."

I looked up at him, and quickly wiping my eyes with my sweater, and tucked my glasses and belongings into the backpack I had brought with me. The laptop was still wet, so i just held it as we made our way to the shop wordlessly.

"So..." He started, trying to break the awkward silence, "Are you from around here?" I studied his features, he was tall and lanky, with circular glasses and an impressive mound of fluffy brown hair on his head. 

He seemed genuinely sorry so I figured I would take the bait and try to be less awkward.

 "Studying abroad, actually. I'm from Canada. The trip was going pretty well, but i'll have to figure out how to work while i have no laptop I guess-" I hesitated, not wanting to make him feel even worse "but i'll figure something else, i'm sure i won't have to worry! My name's Angie by the way." 

He smiled at me, and right then I knew this wouldn't be the last I saw of the man named Wilbur Soot.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚎."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

𝟝𝟠𝟚 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

𝟛𝟘/𝟙𝟚/𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟘

ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕍𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥, 𝕃𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕫!! ;-;

A/N:

Hi, i'm jessimpca and I have no idea what i'm doing! This is my first book so if you'd drop a comment letting me know what you think or even voting that'd be very appreciated :) anyways love u dm me lets be bffs