[ C H A P T E R T H I R T Y-T W O ]

The large bag of flour fell to the floor with a splat.

I couldn't hold in my laughter from the kitchen table where I was watching everyone cook. The original plan was for me to help them to make a fancy cake for stream, but the chaos was even funnier with me sitting across the room trying to instruct them all. I wasn't gonna try standing until tomorrow, so we had to make a few adjustments to the cooking stream.

Toby was coated with flour from the spill, Tommy had used him as a human shield to the flour bomb and was now cackling at the thick layer of flour coating his friend from head to toe.

Niki had made the wise decision to opt out of this activity, she was instead sitting at the table with me as I yelled at the group of five confused boys to clean up the mess.

Phil was the only one who somewhat knew what he was doing in the kitchen. I had taught Techno the basics, Wilbur and Tommy just looked confused and we have all seen Toby's cooking streams. The cakes were in the oven, Tommy and Tubbo were attempting to make a ganache for between the layers, and the others were trying to figure out how buttercream works. Chat seemed happy, text-to-speech was always a fun addition to streams.

Phil whisked egg whites over a pot of water while Wilbur took care of the flour, Techno was looking through piping tips. He held up a few and tilted his head a bit, and I gave him a smile and a nod.

Soon enough, the cakes were cooling on racks and Techno was showing Tommy how to pipe frosting, just like how I did all that time ago. It was a miracle that the frosting turned out right, and a poll in chat had decided it would be dyed green. "At this point, they're just asking for a dream cake. Are we making a dream cake?" Tubbo spoke up from the back of the kitchen, and everyone snickered. "Let's make a Dream cake to celebrate the fact that he isn't here!" Techno quipped back, and Tommy started to cackle.

The rest of the stream went great, even though nobody could really understand why Techno was so good at decorating cakes. It was a fun time, and chat seemed to have fun.

I was using a baseball bat we had found in the shed as a crutch, and I hobbled outside to sit for a bit.

There was just one bad habit I had never really got out of, and I looked around to make sure I was alone before a grim mood and a grimace set in on my face. The atmosphere in my head had changed so quickly as I switched to fake social media accounts, and looked up one profile name that hadn't ever changed. 

smilemags, aka maggie.

I started on twitter, she had moved to England shortly after I had left, and even just being in the same country sent a shiver down my spine.

Maggie eating pasta, Maggie in a flower field, Maggie with her new friends. I chewed on my lip as I scrolled, I had seen most of these pictures so many times already but a small part of me still felt like I owed her a bit of my time since I treated her that way.

It was the thought that kept me up late at night, the one that I just couldn't shake off and kept me from ever really feeling calm. Why did I react like that? Why wasn't I respectful of her feelings? Why was I so selfish? She matters too...

Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, Snapchat stories, anything I could find to make sure she was doing well was scrolled through. It had been well over an hour since I had started, and I was in a 6 month old rabbit hole of her photos.

I had never deleted a photo of us, instead staring at them a bit too often. I had never blocked her number, I couldn't bring myself to. I had written paragraphs of apologies and been less than an inch away from the send button, but I never had the courage to. I know it's selfish of me, but I don't care.

This is the first time i've really been thinking about what i'm doing, and I sat in the guilt of my actions alone outside until the cold took away the feeling in my fingers so I couldn't scroll any further.

I went up to my room, the only person I passed on the way there was Wil on the staircase, I flashed him a cheesy grin as I tried to balance on my baseball bat prosthetic. It felt wrong to smile when I felt like this, but he bought it and continued down the stairs.

I eventually made it to my bed, and plopped down, creating a nest around myself. I couldn't stare at my phone any longer, so I grabbed my most recent embroidery project. Marigold flowers, beautiful tones of orange and yellow decorating the side of a black beanie.

Pull the string through, pull it tight. Repeat. Repeat. The simple task brought me a bit of peace, and I felt a bit numb creating the colourful petals with my needle and thread.

Just as I found contentedness, the needle slipped and pricked my finger. I exhaled sharply, brought back to life. I inspected the small wound, watching the pooling of crimson blood at the tip of my finger.

I couldn't sleep that night. I laid awake thinking of things nobody should have to think of, and it was around 2am I found my legs guiding me out of my room.

Where am I going?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚗𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚎."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

𝟡𝟠𝟟 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

𝟘𝟙/𝟚𝟝/𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙

ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕍𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥, 𝕃𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕫!! ;-;