[ C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N ]

I left the discord call calmly, letting everyone know nothing was wrong, walked across the room, and fell to the floor shaking.

I am trapped in a place I have never been before, and I didn't have a place to stay.

Sure, I had a bit saved up- but nowhere near enough to manage on my own! California was expensive, and even finding a place now would be a challenge.

I lied on the floor for about half an hour, trying to slow down my breathing. I imagined a smooth, deep voice telling me everything would be okay, and I eventually recovered.

My face burned a bit, why was it Techno's voice that got through to my brain? I shook me head, and began packing my things. Starting tomorrow morning, I wouldn't have a place to live and I would probably sleep in my car.

How would I stream? Would I have to find a real job? The thought of spending months living in my car and flipping burgers sent a shiver down my spine.

I have a bad habit of thinking too much and too fast all the time, and not even noticing. As the thoughts in my head jumbled with the "what if?"'s and "why didn't you"'s, I spiraled again. This time, I didn't lie down on the floor or even cry, I just got in my car and drove on back to that lake. As I drove, everything that had happened in the last few months played back in my head, like a bad movie.

Meeting Techno in England, Wilbur acting strange, me acting strange, Maggie's rage and jealousy, disappearing, love or host, driving day and night, and now ending up here. It's like a sick joke of a comedy. I can't have any happiness in this world, can I?

I got to the lake eventually, probably breaking a few driving laws. I stumbled towards the water, and curled up just shy of the  gentle waves. I hugged my knees to my chest, not caring if sand got all over my clothes.

I always hated it when sand got on my clothes.

I felt another panic attack coming on, and I could only think to do one thing. I picked up my phone, and called the one person who refused to leave my head.

My shaky hands had clicked facetime, but it didn't matter to me.

I laid my phone down beside me, watching it ring as the camera faced towards the moon, the only light source around. It didn't take him long at all to pick up, and the camera was facing towards what I recognized to be his bedroom ceiling.

"Helloooooooo" He spoke in a joking manner. He didn't know what I had been doing for the last two hours.

My body began to shake and sob, and his face came into frame as he heard me cry. "Ang? Can you show me your face?" I saw concern in his eyes, and I managed to point the camera towards my pathetic, tear-stained face. I was ashamed to show myself looking like this, I had always forced my problems onto him and he was probably tired of putting up with my emotional shit.

I hated to be emotional, ever since I was young I had wished to be like a robot who didn't ever cry. Tears still ran down my cheeks at any chance they had, and I hated myself for it.