one.

dear cedric,

it has already been almost a whole summer without you. i dont know why im only just writing to you now. probably because i cant even bring my self to even sit up from my own bed most days. the house is so weird without you. dad doesnt cook dinners anymore like he used to. mrs. weasley usually has to bring us some food for the week.

i feel kind of weird writing this but hermione granger told me it can be a good way to cope. she's been so sweet to me ever since you.. well, left. she writes to me every now and then asking if im doing okay and such. i wish that you could write back to me. i miss having conversations with you. i miss talking about quidditch and ranting about draco malfoy.

speaking of him, he's been somewhat nicer to me. lucius malfoy and his wife stopped by once to give us their condolences. i dont know why, i know how much that prick lucius hates everyone who isnt a slytherin. im sorry, i get angry sometimes, you know me.

anyways, ive been sleeping in your bed sometimes. it still kinda smells like you. remember when i used to sleep in your bed all the time when i was younger. i remember having horrid nightmares, and then youd yell at me for waking you up late at night. but nonetheless you always let me sleep in your bed.

i really really miss you and so does dad. sometimes he'll come into your room and sleep in your bed with me. he hasnt been eating the food that mrs. weasley bought. we have piles of rotten food in the fridge.

the weasleys keep inviting me over to stay at the burrow for the summer but i cant let them see me like this. maybe ill go back one day soon, i do miss them.

i wish you would come back, cedric.

- amelie x