three.

dear cedric,

hey, ceddie. i remember you hated that nickname.. ceddie. its been a week since i last wrote, school starts back in a few days. i really dont wanna go. everything is going to remind me of you. people are going to talk about me and you. theyre going to be sad for me. i dont want them to feel sorry, i hate when people do that.

harry came over again yesterday. im so glad we're getting to know each other better. he's such a sweet boy. we tried our best not to talk about you the whole time. but sometimes our conversations would shift to a subject that we somehow would connect to you. and then we would cry.. this time we cried in my room. i havent been in your room since the weasleys came over. bill weasley tidied it up for us.

and then ginny and hermione helped me take a bath. i hadnt taken one in ages until they made me. it was nice though, i didnt feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. they cracked some jokes and made me smile a few times. i havent smiled in so long. i only smile when i think of our old memories.

like how we used to race in the backyard and youd always win. i swore that you had put some sort of jinx on me to prevent me from running past you. you were always the competitive type. i hope wherever you are they play quidditch there.

im gonna miss cheering you on at the games. i guess ill just have to cheer on harry now. hes been so strong, comforting me. now i know what you saw in him.

i love you, cedric.

- amelie quinn diggory