seven.

dear cedric,

wow.. hello. i havent been writing lately, its been almost two months since i wrote my last letter. ive been so busy trying to catch up on schooling and all. im feeling a lot better now. dumbledore has been letting me come into his office everyday and we talk.

and i have wonderful news.. me and hermione granger have started dating. shes also been helping me a lot through this. i really thought i wouldnt be able to feel anything but anger or sadness but i guess i was wrong.

i think i love her.. but im not ready to tell her yet, hopefully soon. i really want her to know how i feel. she usually sleeps in my dorm most nights.. sometimes i cry and rant to her about how angry i am with your death. she reassures everything will be alright though. she told me youre in a better place.. wherever that is. im sure you are.. you're probably somewhere playing wizard chess like we did when we were kids.

like in first year when i was so scared to be without you for so long.. so id come to your dorm and you had wizard chess. id always beat you.. thanks to ron teaching me how to play. i miss first year.. we were kids, you were in your third year.. seeker for hufflepuff. best one ive seen.. they still have yet to replace someone just as good as you on the hufflepuff team, i still have your quidditch jumper. i wear it sometimes when i miss you..

sometimes when im talking i dont feel like i miss you, because i dont think about you. i dont mean to sound rude but i feel so much better forgetting about you.. when i think about you, it only causes me sadness.. its horrible. thats why i love my time with hermione. most of the time we just talk about classes or what we'll do when we graduate. she suggested that i become a professor.. she told me id make a wonderful one.

but, i still have lots of time to consider. i cant believe im already halfway through my fifth year.. my birthday is coming up. im turning sixteen.. the twins said theyd throw me a big party, but i told them i didnt want a party. so i just invited ron, hermione, harry, neville, luna, ginny, and the twins to my dorm to watch some movies and have some snacks. they all said itd be wonderful. i cant wait.

i hope youre doing well up there, cedric. i love you.

- amelie quinn