~19~

Simone.

He was on my mind all day...every minute of the freaking day..

I was supposed to be arranging my room but I was thinking about him.

I stood up defiantly from the chair that I had slumped on and began to viciously arrange my bed. If my mom saw the mess it was in, she'd probably seize my phone.
That didn't happen often but it did happen when my mom was on edge and she was on edge today.

Today that I was cleaning up my room would probably the best day to pick the cloth that I would wear to the Spring Dance since it was very close.

Come to think of it,I couldn't believe that Tayo would agree to go to the Spring Dance with me. He seemed so sure when he told me no..but something had seemed to change his mind.

Seemed like Stacia's plan worked after all.

I opened my wardrobe and tried to search for a dress that I could wear to the Spring Dance but I found nothing.

You may wonder that"I thought her dad was a multi millionaire..how come she doesn't have any cloth to wear?"

That's something that I couldn't explain. The fact that I am going out with a boy that I seemed to like for the first time in my life makes all the clothes in my wardrobe seem like trash.

Well,it seems like I'm going shopping.

After,I nap a little.

I threw myself on the bed and snuggled closely with my pillow. And just when I got comfortable and closed my eyes,I heard:

"Simone,get down here. Someone's at the door."

I sighed in frustration and said"Mom, I'm busy right now. Could you please do it yourself?"

"Are you mad? Get down here now."

I grumbled but stood up from my bed in a speed of light, rushing down the stairs hurriedly. We have a mansion full of maids but you'll still call me from my room to check who is at the freaking door. Perks of being African.

When I got downstairs,I ignored the look on my mom's face and went straight to the door so that I could see the faces of those that wanted to disturb my nap.

And behold,it was...

"Aunty Lisa!"I exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah honey it's me."Aunty Lisa smiled as she said"Come give your Aunty Lisa a big hug."

As I stepped over to hug her,I caught a glimpse of Ameni,my cousin...sort of.

When Aunty Lisa finally let me go,she said"Now open the door wider and let us come in will ya? We're not strangers now are we?"

I smiled as I stepped away from the door to make way for them to come in. And of course,Ameni brushed past me without so much of a greeting.

Almost immediately,I heard my mother's scream and my hands flew to my ears in pain. My mother always acted like a teenager whenever Aunty Lisa came to visit.

I sat down on the couch next to Ameni but making sure to give her the space that she always seemed to crave.

My mother and Aunty Lisa had started exchanging "harmless gist" and I knew it would be a matter of time before they excused themselves and locked my mom's bedroom door for hours. It would be more worse considering the fact that my dad was out on a business trip.

"Oh Mona,"my aunt began"You won't even begin to believe the gist that I have no tell you... Eniola has started using another young boy as her...I think it would be best if we go upstairs oo. We can't let all these small children hear what we are saying oo."

I snorted noiselessly. Small children indeed.

My mom nodded her head, agreeing with the words Aunty Lisa had uttered.
Like lightning,they were already up the stairs, giggling like school girls.

I sneaked a glance at Ameni and took her in for the first time that day. As usual,she was wearing her all black attire. Black ripped jeans,a black tube bra with a black leather jacket. She wore heavy gothic makeup, looking both dangerous and beautiful at the same time.

The silence grew every passing minute and it became even more uncomfortable.

I should speak. I am the big girl here.

Technically though, she's three years older than me but as they say age is nothing but a fucking number.

I am a fucking big girl and I am not afraid of any body..

"Hi Ameni."My voice came out in a squeaky,high pitched tone and I cursed myself internally.

Ameni looked at me with amusement dancing in her eyes as she replied"Hello Simone. How are you?"

"I'm..um... I'm good."I stammered and I almost slapped myself.

She raised her eyebrows as she smirked"you're still scared of me? I read you that poem 11 years ago and you're still scared?"

I swallowed as I answered"It was a really intense poem....it was very dark and messed up."

She laughed heartily as she answered"Well what did you expect? I'm very dark and messed up."

"Mm."I made a small sound as the uncomfortable silence came back.

"What about school?"I said as a means of keeping the conversation going.

"Oh...I got expelled."

"Oh that's great to...."I stopped speaking as her words registered"You got EXPELLED? Does Aunt Lisa know?"

Ameni rolled her eyes"Of course she knows. She can't stand me and that's why I'm staying here for a few weeks."

My head felt light"You're staying here.... for a few weeks?"

She smiled"Yes. Anyways enough about me..the spring dance seems to be very close."

"It is."

"Are you going with that horrible girls in your clique?"

"My girls are not horrible."I argued vaguely"And no...I have a date."

"Wait...is it that guy that came for the family dinner? I hate that guy.. Even Aunt Mona hated him so much."

"It's not Nonso.. he's this new guy in school."

"Ooooooooohhhhh. I get it now.."Ameni wriggled her eyebrows suggestively.

I laughed. Ameni wasn't that bad to be honest.

"Hey,do you want to go shopping?"