~17~

Omotayo.

"This girl is on fire!"

I turned around in my bed while using my pillow to cover my ears.

"This girl is on fireeeeee!"

Now her voice was getting more pitchy than ever. More tiny. Piercing my ears and threatening to destroy my eardrums.

"Mom,should I sing another song?"

No,please shut up!

"Sure honey."

Why is my room so close to the dining?

Why  is Rene's voice so loud?

Why is my mom telling Rene to continue her murderous singing?

"I'm not your toy...You stupid boy."I heard her voice one more time.

Unable to stand the torture I got up from my bed hurriedly and made to do my guy stuff.

Ten minutes later,I was done and Rene was still singing another damn song.

"You say you're sorry but it's too late now so save it get gone shut up. If you think I care about you now well boy I don't give a fuck."

The whole house was in disarray. Not even an ounce of decorum. I would have thought that my mom would caution her but she was even singing with her though she didn't know the words.

"Up in my masarati. Up in my masarati because I wanna see you go down because I love the way you gbebody oo."

I slung my bag pack over my shoulders and hurried downstairs. Into the dining room.

"OK...can you guys please keep quiet. The fuck? Why are you guys up this early..singing? Why do you intend to destroy my peace? I need sleep guys. I'm stressed out. Why? Whyyyyy?"I screamed at the both of them in frustration when I got downstairs.

They both stared at me for a while with amusement before they both burst into laughter.

"Mom...please tell me how his facial expression was.."

My mom laughed in her cute little way and dabbed her tears with a hanky and said"Honey...he looked like and abandoned gorilla."

They laughed again and I narrowed my eyes at the both of them and said"Rene? Meet me in the car or you'll walk to school."

I walked ahead of her but I still heard when she said"He's getting crankier and crankier each day,isn't he?"
**
The school was a little bit colorful.

Fliers and ribbons were scattered everywhere. It looks like the school was celebrating something...but guess what?

I didn't care.

I ignored the people that were trying to force some cheap brochure into my hands.

"Omotayo wait up."

I didn't bother turning to know who was calling me. By now Cliff's voice was already etched in my memory.
I just stopped until he reached my side.