~16~

Harmony.

Hurry!!

That was the only thing that I was focusing on as soon as I opened my eyes. How to hurry out of the house early without mother knowing.

Being in ss3,our morning class had already started and if I told mother about it she'd probably slap me.

I checked the time on my palasa phone and it read:5:00

30 more minutes to fly out of this house.

The lesson started by 7 but if I woke up then,mother would have already been up and running.

I stood up with a mission..and aim. An aim to locate my tooth brush.

In another 120 seconds,I was already done with my oral hygiene and I made to take my bath as quickly as I can.

Now,usually my bath would take up to like five minutes but today I had the goal of making it just two.

I hurried into my school uniform as quickly as I could after my bath and I hurried out of my room. I stopped by at Chidubem's room to check up on him but he was sound asleep. The way his body was flung recklessly on the bed made me smile in reflex.

Quickly remembering my resolve,I hurried downstairs and made my way to the front door which was just like five steps away.

That was when my stupid brain decided to imitate Dwayne "the rock" Johnson and I started walking slowly towards the front door.

I was almost there when I heard a voice from my room"Harmony? Where the hell are you?"

I panicked and froze. Then I started functioning well when I heard footsteps on the stairs. I opened the door and rushed out. Not waiting for Mother to get a hold of me..
**
To me,maybe,the school had a eerie look to it on an early morning. It was silent and I could only hear the sounds of crickets.

I entered the school and saw that even the gateman was MIA. Literally.

Was I here that early?

Truth be told,the school had no sign of life. Yes,it was that scary.

Calm down,Harmony. It's for a good cause. I'll soon be done with this hell hole of a school.
The most horrible part was that I was still feeling sleepy. I mean,I hadn't slept a wink the last night because I was too busy plotting my escape.

Only God knows what Mother would do to me when she finds out that I sneaked out of the house. I get chills just thinking about it.

I shook my head and tried to think other thoughts. Calculative thoughts.
If I looked from the bright side of things...no one is in school yet so I could sleep and then when Mother is punishing me this night,I won't get too tired.

Brilliant.

Without wasting too much time,I hurried to the class with my eyes glazed over and a drunk spring in my step.
Yes,I was that dazed with sleep.

When I saw the door of my classroom a little warm feeling filled me but I ignored it and I pushed the door open with force.