~9~

Damini.

When I stood up,every thing was dark. There were no walls,ceiling, windows or doors. I was just in a pit. No where to hold as I tried get myself together.

"Damini!"
I turned when I heard my name. It was so faint but urgent. I could tell that the voice belonged to a girl.

"Damini!!"

The girl called out to me. Her face was blurry but her voice was as clear as the day. Deep and soft at the same time. I could make out the outline of her hair and I reached out to touch it but as I brought my hand closer she went further away from me.

"Help me."

The voice floated around me because she seemed so far from me now. I still couldn't see her face and I was getting frustrated.

"Come closer."I shouted at her without meaning to.

"I can't."Her voice broke as she said those two words.

"Please!"I said,with a lot of emotions in my voice. As soon as she heard that one word, she froze and nodded slowly. As if in a trance,she started walking towards me with her hands outstretched.

Finally we were standing two metres apart and I could finally make out her face. She was a brown-skinned beauty with freckles sprinkled across her nose. Her hair was packed into two places. Her black eyes held a kind of innocence that I wasn't used to. It was vaguely familiar but I couldn't remember where I had seen it. I ran my hand through my hair as I tried to remember, but to no avail.

"What is your name?"I asked but she shook her head and said:

"We don't have time,Damini. They are coming. You have to help me."

I could feel her panic as she gripped on her hair. And she began to pace around the ground. She began to grow distant again and fear  gripped me.

"Wait!Wait!!"I tried to stop but she didn't stop walking backwards. She burst into sad,hot tears and said"Hurry Damini!Hurry!!"

She disappeared and I heard screaming and I was pretty sure it came from me.

"Wake up,Damini!"

I trashed around my bed as I continued to dream. The person shouting tapped my head but I didn't budge. I tried to chase after the girl but she was nowhere to be found and it was as if my legs were stuck to the ground.

"Damini!Stand up!" The voice invaded my train of thoughts and I lost my footing and I started falling into a dark and massless abyss.

I opened my eyes as I tried to make meaning of the seriously scary nightmare.

"I thought you would never wake up."A voice joked beside me and I decided to ground  it because I knew it was my idiotic brother,Femi.

"You were really trashing around. What type of dream did you have?Is it..."He wriggled his eyebrows at me.

"I don't have to say anything to you."I snapped at him,the details of the dream still vivid in my mind.