~15~

Simone.

Lord you are so good..
Blessed be your name..
Lord you are so good..
Blessed be your name.
In heaven you are the lord..
On earth you reign forever.....

My mother's shrill voice rang in my ear,causing it to vibrate and I wondered if my ear was bleeding.
I wouldn't say that my mother's voice was not good,it was a soprano tone and it was so tiny that I am sure it could break glass. I groaned internally when she sang another praise.

You are God..
You are not just big oo..
You are not just kind oo.
You are a great God.

This time my father's deep voice sang with her and at that moment I wanted to slap the both of them but if I did that I would just find myself in the hospital.
When my mom stopped the worship,I almost jumped for joy but I cursed at her when she started praying.

"Let's begin to praise his name."My mom began in that tone all adults seem to use when praying"He is the lord of lords,the king of kings,the alpha and omega,the I am that I am,the lily of the valley..."
I locked my ears when I saw that this prayer session would get me nowhere. Why couldn't my mom be like a normal person and pray for five minutes? Why does she have to use the whole day?
About a hour later,my mom finished her session and I heaved a sigh as I sat down on the couch to relieve the ache that I was feeling on my leg due to the way that I had stood too much.
"What happened to you?"my mom asked when she saw the way I sat down and was rubbing my legs"So because of that small prayer meeting that we held that's why you are behaving like this..."
I ignored her and faced the other way and she talked again"If you like don't reply,that is your business. Go upstairs and get prepared for school."
I quickly got up because my mom's voice was already changing and I knew that she wouldn't hesitate to slap me if I annoyed her too much.

Upstairs,I stripped down naked and started to take my bath thinking about how I would get Tayo so I wouldn't get kicked out of my clique.
No idea came to me and I groaned in frustration kicking the bucket next to me.

Moments later,I was done with taking my bathe and I quickly dressed in my school uniform and I brushed my big braids which had started to get rough. I made a mental note to go to the Saloon later.
I hurried downstairs to eat my breakfast and my parents were already sitting on the dining table. They had their 'we need to talk' face on.

Well,this should be good.

I smiled at them and took my seat.
"Simone,we need talk!"My father went straight to the point and I answered"I know. You guys have the look on."
My mom chuckled softly but my dad's face still remained impassive.

"We have a business meeting with a company called Andrews tech."
"So?"I asked.
"You have to be here."My dad replied with gritted teeth and I could tell he was getting angered by my nonchalant attitude.
"Why Dad?"
"I want you to be here and you will be."My dad slammed his hand on the table as he spoke but my mom put a hand on his shoulder.
I rolled my eyes and stood up from the table slowly.
"Where are you going to?"My mom asked me.
"I've lost my appetite."
"Simone!Get back here!"My father screamed but I ignored him.
"One more thing,"My mother screamed after me before I could walk outside"Ameni is coming to visit."
**
"Simone,you texted us on the group chat about a meeting."Damilola said to me when I entered the classroom. I nodded when I remembered that I had indeed sent the text. How had I forgotten?
"Let's go to that secluded area around the block."I suggested and she smiled and said"I already told the rest of the group to meet us there but Caitlin and her "men" won't be able to meet us there."
I raised my eyebrow in surprise but then I just shrugged. It would be better if they're not there anyways.

Damilola and I moved to the block and the rest were already waiting for us. Since Caitlin,Elena,Sinachi,Ada and Bimpe were no where to be found the only persons in the room where Jane,Tolani,Pascaline,Diamond, Arabella,Stacia,Lydia,Damilola and I.
"So,"I began in a professional tone"We all know about my assignment. In which I have to make Omotayo fall in love with me. We also know that he hates my guts."That last part hurt to admit but I had to say it anyways.
"I called this meeting so that we could come up with ideas"I continued"I have to do something. Today! Or I could get kicked out of this clique for good."

The girls murmured among themselves trying to come up with ideas. Arabella raised her hands first and I motioned for her to talk.
"Look here Simone,"She said in a sad tone"I am tired of Caitlin bossing us around,let's just rebel against her. End the populars once and for all."
The whole atmosphere was quiet and tensed. Everybody tried to avoid my gaze,waiting patiently for what I would say.
At last I said"We can't do that,Ara. It could be bad for us!"

Surprisingly,she laughed. It was a bitter and crude laugh"I knew you would say that Simone. You are a coward. All of you. Cowards!"
Tears had begun to run down her face and she ran outside fast.
I sighed loudly and wondered if I should run after her but Dami said"Simone let her cool off. Let's just discuss for now."
I nodded and Jane raised her hand. I nodded,praying in my heart and she too wouldn't create a scene.
"I have an idea,"Jane said"How about you just seduce him. You got the body for it."

I thought about it for a while before shaking my head. Knowing Tayo,even though it was only for a short while,I knew he wouldn't fall for that.
"Any other ideas?"I asked,trying to keep desperation from my voice.

"He has a sister abi?"Stacia jumped to her feet,not bothering to raise her hand and I smiled inwardly"Let's use his sister to get to him!"
My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and she shook her head at me"Think about it Simone! We'll stage a scene where you'll help his sister and then bam!"She spread her hand and laughed at her own joke.
"But will his sister want to help us  trick her brother?"Dami asked the unspoken question.
"She doesn't have to know guys."Stacia laughed maniacally and I wondered if she was running mad"His sister is blind. We could just steal her walking stick and Simone would give it back to her. It will be perfect!"

I looked around and I could tell that the rest of the team were pleased with the idea and I nodded"Let's do this!"
**
I felt as if Stacia was having too much fun. She was giggling uncontrollably at the thought of stealing the poor girl's stick. The old Stacia,who had been disgusted by things like this,was nowhere to be found.
"Even if Tayo isn't there,I'm sure she'll start blabbing your name around him."She smiled and I hated the excitement I saw in her eyes.

Just then,René came out of her class and Stacia smirked evilly and walked over to her. Without any warning,she shoved René backwards harshly. The little girl fell on her butt with a thud and cried out from the pain. Stacia grabbed her stick and placed it at not too far from René. She winked at me and skipped away gingerly.

I waited for a while before I walked over to René. I could yell that she was already panicking and I helped her up and placed the stick in her hands.
"Thank you senior.."She began but I cut her off,saying"Oh stop. Call me Simone dear."
She smiled and hugged me,taking me by surprise and it took a while before I hugged her back,regret and guilt gnawing at my stomach.
"I believe we are friends now honey."I said,meaning evey word of it and she smiled,telling me how she had misplaced her stick.