Chapter 8 - A Pack Dinner

After Alpha Greyson stormed out I was left alone in a dimmed hospital room with needle like  pains across my face and a slight ache in my ankle that I could tell was basically healed

I gotta say, none of this is how I thought it would go down. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't imagining us running into each other's arms and having wild sex all night but I definitely didn't imagine he'd hit me across the face with his big ass paw and knock me unconscious- nor did I think he would later confront me at my hospital room and demand I move in with him.

I had to make it clear that wasn't happening. While the reasons I listed where true, there was another one lingering on my tongue I didn't admit. In all honesty, I wasn't ready. I didn't want to sleep in the same bed with a complete stranger, constantly worrying whether my anxieties would turn to anger and that  anger would overwhelm me and I'd attempt to strangle him. I didn't want to get a reputation as an easy wolf to bed.

It's always been a secret hope of mine to have a mate bond as strong as my parents. Those two treated each other like royalty and they had the best relationship I'd seen - they showed me what it truly meant to have a mate and be loved by someone with only the purest intentions.

But now? I don't think I could be in the same room as him without wanting to ground to swallow me whole from fear. Sure, I'm a feisty warrior who'll happily tear an enemy's throat out but an alpha? I couldn't harm him if I tried. He's bigger and stronger and more experienced than me in every way - battle, combat, not to mention socially. I just about have half a conversation with someone other than my family before I scare them off or want to kill them.

A knock at the door shook me from my thoughts and a moment later a doctor walked in with a clipboard and file cradled in the crook of her arm.

"Good afternoon, Miss Michaels. I'm Doctor Pattinson and I've been assigned your case." She walked into the room with a smile on your face and approached the bed. "Only been here a day and you're already in my infirmary? Impressive. How're you feeling?" She asked, taking a small flashlight from her pocket which I'm assuming she'll shine in my eyes.

"Okay. A little disoriented and kinda confused but I'm not in too much pain." I gave her a closed mouth smile as she turned on the light.

"That's good to hear. I'm going to shine this in your eyes, just keep them open for me. Perfect, now look to your left. And your right. Up and now down." She stood up straight once again and turned off the light before sliding it into her pocket.

"Well, you don't have a concussion and your head wound is closing slowly. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do for your bruising or the claw marks since they were caused by an alpha so it is just going to have to be a waiting game. Your nose - while it was injured in your fight, Alpha Greyson's paw did knock the bones further out of place so that too will take a couple days to heal - two weeks at most for all your injuries to completely heal. Other than that, I see no reason to keep you here." She smiled, scribbling down down some notes on her clipboard.