Chapter 1 - A Thousand Cement Blocks

Have you ever wondered what it felt like to be stabbed in the chest?

Well, I'll tell you.

At first, it feels numb. Then a little like fire spreading over the centre of your chest and before you know it, the sensation of a thousand cement blocks weighs down on you and your ribs feel like they're stuck in an air compression tank.

"Okay, Reyna. That's enough. Pull the damn blade out." Owen rolled his eyes and continued scribbling down on his clipboard.

Oh.

I should've mentioned.

I'm the one doing the stabbing. But it's alright, it was in training and it's not like he won't heal in twenty minutes; half hour max.

"Whatever." I scoffed through my heavy breathing, gripping the leather handle of the dagger. "Ready?" I raised my brow at the guy under me; this was going to hurt. A lot. He nodded quickly and scrunched his eyes closed. In a second I'd ripped it from his chest cavity and my hand was putting pressure on the wound.

The medics came and assessed the damage before taking over from me in preventing too much blood loss. They put him on a stretcher before rolling him away from the training area and towards the medical centre where he'd be treated and discharged before the day was out.

"Reyna your technique was sloppy, your movements weren't sharp and you lost your footing. Go again." Owen spoke,looking incredibly bored.

"You're kidding, right? That was the best fight of the day! Not to mention the fact that my dagger ended up in his chest?!" My chest was heaving up and down and my breathes were coming out in pants from the effort of just put in for my fight.

"I'm saying go again!"

"And I'm saying screw yourself!"

"Reyna! Take a walk!"

My head whipped around the see the Gamma stood outside the training ring, his arms crossed over his broad chest and eyes hard as steel.

"You're just going to stand there and tell me-"

"I'm telling you to take a walk!" He barked.

Ha - dog pun.

I threw the knife to the ground without breaking eye contact before angrily storming out of the building. My sneaker-clad feet had barely made contact with the grass before they'd turned to paws and I was barrelling through the forest in my fur.

Weaving in and out of the trees, up and over hills, leaping over logs and potholes. It was a great stress relief, being able to exert all my anger and frustration into just running wild and relishing in the freedom my wolf provided me.

Coming out into the woods was something I did a lot when I didn't know what else to do with so many emotions. My Aunt tells me my anger will settle down once I've met my mate and he'll be able to help tame this uncontrollable rage that seems ever present.

I sometimes feel bad for Aunt Cassie; not only has she had to raise her own three boys and balance her full time job as a teacher at the pack's elementary school, but she had to take on her aggressive 15 year old niece who'd freshly gained the 'orphan' status.

"Rey, Trent told me what happened at training. Want me to come out and join you?"

Cassie's soothing voice floated around my head.

"Im fine, Cass. I'll be back soon."

"Okay, but don't be late. You know we have the pack bonfire tonight."

"I'll meet you there."

I reached the lake where my running slowed down to a walk. My tongue began lapping at the cold, fresh water.

It was my cousin Trent that showed me this little spot. It's hidden way deep into the forest and you wouldn't know it was here unless you really looked for it. Trent found it one day on patrol and figured my angry little self could do with a spot where I could act out as much as my animalistic instincts required.

It's not that I wanted to feel this angry all the time, or at any time for that matter, but it all just sits so close to the surface and the smallest of things seems to make me just explode.

Apparently it's something to do with our wolf genetics wanting something to be protective over, a need to foster our love into a 'den' or  a 'nest' but I'm not sure how much of that I believe. All the books I've read, lessons I've had and what Cassie has told me, it's rare for females to inherit such a possessive and aggressive trait, but it happens. My eldest cousin Gabriel tells me it's worse for the males, that it feels like pure rage flowing through their veins that only a touch of a mate can calm.

Personally, I think it's an excuse for the men to be assholes.

Hello! Welcome to Fate of a Warrior (FOAW if you will)

I can't wait to get started on this story, I'm so excited to do something completely different to anything I've done before.

This book will have a couple cliches but hopefully you'll stick with it and see how our alpha couple's story will play out.

Add this story to your library and please share with any of your fellow werewolf enthusiasts!

Lots of love xx