Chapter 7 - An Alpha's Need

Greyson's POV

Greyson's POV

Spending time away from my pack has always made me anxious. Ever since an attempted overthrow by a neighbouring wolf last year, I have resented the idea of leaving my wolves for longer than a day.

So a trip of eight days was sending me spiralling.

The weight of the heavy lie didn't help my mental instability. While my pack thought they knew the truth about my visit to an ally about battle strategy preparation, Jackson knew the truth in that I was searching for my mate. I could tell the years without a Luna we're taking their toll - on my wolves and myself. My grip on my temper was slipping as the days went by and I feared without my mate to calm my temper I'd surely go feral.

It was for this reason that I packed up enough clothes for two weeks and travelled to as many packs that would allow me on their land. Some alphas feared I may kidnap their daughters so banned me from stepping foot and others were so scared of my retaliation they let me have free reign of everything they own.

By the time the seventh day came around I couldn't face a single moment more being away from my own, my pack being led by my beta was a necessity but with my mission being one fail after another I felt it time to go back to my pack.

"Alpha, I have alerted Beta Jackson that we are approaching the boarders. He's bringing four enforcers and himself to escort us."

I simply nodded at the pack member driving the car as I continued to read the file in my hand. The name Reyna Mikeals was scrawled across multiple documents detailing her date of birth and her 24 years of accomplishments. Her skill set was quite impressive. Bethan had even taken it upon herself to include images of injuries her competitors had sustained during battle with her, and they were impressive. There were pictures of stab wounds, shattered bones, exposed muscles and tendons. This warrior was fearsome and I think she'd give some of my best men a run for their money. Though, I did have to wonder why a wolf like her wasn't praised and held with such high regards - packs would literally start a war to have a warrior like Reyna amongst their ranks. Moon Pride were not known for their warrior's strength so I was baffled as to why Thomas was not fighting to keep that pack member loyal to him.

Her arrival had been another reason for me to want to return. I couldn't settle at the idea of a wolf I don't know roaming around my lands, her credentials be damned.

I heard the heavy thumping of paws approaching the car so I closed the Manila folder and threw it onto the seat beside me. The wolves flanked either side of the car as we drove through the territory towards the training grounds. Jackson had contacted me earlier letting me know Reyna's first stop after her tour was the training grounds so Freya could establish her skills.

It wasn't long before we had pulled up outside. I stayed in my seat to give decency to my enforcers while they went behind trees to shift and dress. When I could see through the tinted windows that they all stood lined up in front of the car in uniformed positions just as their training asks I opened my car door, climbing out to meet the face of my best friend. He had a wide grin on his face as he stood with his hands in in pockets in front of the training grounds.