Chapter 15: Tracker

I watched as they fake played, only pretending to have as much fun as they did before. Three strangers are coming, three strange vampires, and they want to play baseball.

"Go Jasper," I cheered half heartedly. He sent me a smile from third base then slid into home. Then he was by my side in an instant.

"I'm sorry I brought you here, lets just thank the gods you have no scent. Oh and put these on," Jasper said. Red contacts. I raised my eyebrows but slid them in. Now I have blood red eyes. He pulled me into a passionate kiss then we heard the snapping of leaves and sticks and we both pulled away and turned as three vampires strode out of the woods. One has blowing orange hair and is wearing a fur coat and looks bad ass. Another has blonde hair and a jacket I recognize it but only slightly. The last was standing up front and he was shirtless. Weird. Jasper kissed my forehead. They looked at me and Jasper but there eyes skipped over as if it were nothing. That was weird, it must be Jasper's power.

"You have a newborn among you, we didn't smell her," The leader said. Newborn? Oh the contacts must make me look like a new vampire.

"She has no scent, that is her power sir," Jasper said. He held me tighter against his side and I hid in.

"I see," The leader said.

"Yes," Carlisle said.

"I believe this is yours," the leader said. He threw the baseball to carlisle.

"Thank you," Carlisle said.

"I am Laurent, and this is Victoria, and James," the leader said.

"I am Carlisle and this is my family," Carlisle said. He paused a minute. "Bird and Jasper, Alice, Rosalie, Jackson and Emmett, and Edward and Bella," He pointed to each of us. I curled a bit further into Jasper and Victoria sent me a scarey big smile. I snarled and hid into Jasper.

"Your okay Darling, she wasn't threatening you," Jasper whispered. I looked up at him and nodded then got back to hiding my face.

"I don't mean to frighten you young one," Victoria said kindly. I looked at her and my eyes went big with recognition. I know her, I have seen her before and she has seen me. I hope she doesn't notice me like I notice her.

"Okay," I said quietly. I was almost a bit happy that she seemed to accept my voice and think that it was as perfectly musical and wonderful as the Cullens.

"Well Hello then," Laurent said.

"I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused some kind of a mess for us," Carlisle said.

"My apologies, we didn't know the territory had been claimed," Laurent said.

"Yes well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby," Carlisle said. Laurent and James exchanged a glance that did not go by missed. By me at least. James caught my sharp eyes and made a quick finger over lips motion no one else seemed to see. Or they just pretended they didn't see.

"Really," Laurent said with a bit of a laugh. "Well, we won't be a problem anymore," Laurent said slowly. "We were just passing through," Laurent said, "we were just passing through."

"The humans were tracking us, but we led them east," Victoria winked at me. At me and only me. I refused to smile and instead slid further in Jasper's grasp. "You should be safe," she said tauntingly.

"Excellent," Carlisle said.

"So, could you use three more players," Laurent asked with a smile.

Carlisle gave him a funny look.

"Oh come on, just one game," Laurent begged.

"Alright, a couple of us were just leaving," Carlisle motioned for Edward and Bella to leave. Jasper sent him a look but he shook his head ever so slightly. Edward and Bella were just on there way out when a stiff breeze blew her scent straight to James. I pretendes to take in the scent and I knew perfectly what to do. I straightened out aand my nose flared.