Chapter 5: Accedint

Jaspers PoV

I leaned against my car and waited. Surely Bird would get here soon. Bella was here, so Bird would be hear soon. And then my ears caught something no human could have.

"Tyler slow down!" Birds voice shouted from a distance off. My ears perked. "Ty!" She screeched. I could hear her fiddling with the seatbelt, trying to buckle it. And then I saw the awful sight. Tyler's van skidding out of control towards Bella. And Bird in the passenger side. She screamed and the seatbelt dangled uselessly next to her. I saw Bella swivel around and then Edward was there. I saw my little Birds head smash against the dash and then Edward picked up the wheels before they could crush Bella's leg and when he set down the van all the windows broke and glass shattered over her already bruised and beaten body. With the way Edward had caught the van it had almost crushed her legs. And she was slowly bleeding out. I ran over and saw her eyes fluttering.

"Don't go to sleep little bird, don't fall asleep!" I exclaimed. She looked at my and I could smell the dahlia I gave her yesterday in her bag.

"Jas, it hurts," She groaned.

"I know sweetie I know, just don't fall asleep," I said, panicked.

"But so tired," she slurred. I watched as they pulled the van away from a terrified looking Bella and a angry Edward. And they instantly rushed to help Bella and I growled.

"Birdy! Look at Brenna, look at Brenna!" Alice yelled for me. All the attention turned to the car and a sliced, beaten, and broken Bird sat there. The paramedics ran over and put her in a stretcher and brought her into the ambulance. I slipped into the front seat with Edward and waited till we got to the hospital. Every once in awhile I would hear Bird moan about being tired and how it hurt, but the back was mostly filled with Tyler Crowley's apologies. Bella kept trying to tell him it was okay and that no harm was done. Clearly she hadn't even looked at Bird. When we finally got to the hospital I ran in with Bird and saw her slowly falling asleep so I pressed my cold hand on the small of her back and her eyes shot open then relaxed. She melted into my cold touch and the paramedics finally got some work done on her. They removed the glass and stitched up her head, and arm, and then made sure she didn't have a concussion from smashing her head into the dashboard. She didn't. Then they finally let her fall asleep. She fell asleep cradled in my arms in the hospital bed and I shot a glance at Edward and started yelling in my mind.

"You could have killed her! Did you even think about the fact that she was in that car and that your little stunt saving Bella could have gotten her seriously injured!" I thought loudly. He covered his ears as if on instinct and then growled lowly at me.

"I don't care if the stupid human died in that, Bella needed to be saved," He growled.

"And that just proves how selfish you are," I thought. I looked at the sleeping girl in my arms and kissed her forehead and closed my eyes. I pretended to sleep. It made me feel like I actually ever had a chance at getting her to love me.

Bernadette's PoV

After they finally let me sleep I had an odd dream. Edward was a white streak and then he was pushing Bella over and stopping the van with his bare hands. Then I smacked my head against the dash. When I looked up Edward was holding the car and then he dropped it, all the windows shattered and pain shot through my like electricity. I felt my eyes drooping and then Jasper was there, telling me to stay awake. And I did. For him. And then I woke, realizing that it wasn't a dream, but a memory. I was sitting in a hospital bed of Jaspers lap, wrapped in his comforting cold arms. I blinked and looked around. Bella was in bed assuring dad that she was fine and I groaned. I pulled the curtain over so I didn't have to look at her and Edward shot me a dirty look. He stopped a car, with his bare hands, and he was alive, not even in a wheelchair. He smirked at me then walked over to Bella. Then a doctor that looked like a model came in to check on Bella while I curled further into Jasper's arms. Then the model doctor came over to me, looking at my hospital gown I hadn't quite noticed I was wearing and all the scars across my shoulders and the big one across my forehead. Charlie was still talking to Bella and probably hadn't even noticed I was here.

"You took quite a lot of damage, are you alright?" The model doctor asked.

"I good as you can be after being sliced with glass, almost crushed and practically got a concussion," I smiled at him. He laughed.

"At least you have a good sense of humor, I figured with the way Jasper talks all the time you would expect you to be perfectly his type," The doctor said. I blushed deeply and thought about how Jasper had saved me and was holding me right now. So he did like me. A lot. I blushed a deeper red and looked down, brushing my hair into my face a bit.

Jasper cleared his throat and the doctor stopped watching my reaction with a smile.

"How does your head feel?" The doctor asked.

"It hurts like hell but I've had worse," I smiled. The doctor nodded and pressed a cold hand against my forehead. A shiver ran down my spine, this place was really cold. Especially with only a hospital gown on. Then I realized I was laying on Jaspers lap, cradled in his arms, with only a hospital gown on and I blushed deeply. I watched edward smirked at Jasper the nodded towards the blushing me that was eyeing his hands and he set me on the bed and backed away awkwardly. I felt a frown split my face for the smallest second before I controlled my emotions and smiled.

"Could I have like, ibuprofen or something," I groaned. That was when Charlie noticed me.

"Bernadette Mary Swan!" He yelled. I cringed.

"Yes dad," I whispered.

"Why did you get in this morons car!" He exclaimed.

"Hey!" Tyler yelled.

"Dad," I said soothingly.

"Don't dad me, why were you in the car!" He yelled.

"Me and your stupid fucking favorite are in a fight and I didn't want to drive with her!" I yelled.

"Favorite! You think Bella's my favorite," He looked confused.

"I know Bella's your favorite," I replied.

"Come on Bird, I am just worried about you. You never take time to yourself your always helping others or practicing for dance, the only time you have to yourself is when you read, and even then it feels like you aren't even present, your in the book," Charlie said.

"Well maybe if Bella wasn't always away with mom I would be different," I said under my breath.

"Your still blaming this on Bella!" Edward yelled.

"Whatever Edward, where the hell are my clothes I'm out of here," I growled.

"Over there," The doctor said with a frown. I grabbed them and stormed into the bathroom. I put my clothes back on then ran outside. I only caught a bit of an argument from Jasper and Edward where Jas wa yelling at him, protecting me. But then I was in the woods, trying to get as far away as possible.