Chapter 17: One Hell Of A Ride

A big shout out to an amazing reader RachelWright571. Thank you, hope you enjoy the rest of this book. I love all yoru comments and you are just amazing.

I ran out into the parking with the Cullens and Jasper was looking hysterical.

"I should have seen this coming!" He sobbed.

"Shh Jazz, it's okay, your okay, we are okay," I said. He nodded and wiped a few of my tears away. He gave me a soft kiss then we went back to searching for a car. I was the one who saw it first. A porche, purple with an orange lava type thing at the bottom. It made me want to puke. It was Edward who saw it next, saying that this was the vehicle. I moaned and Jasper sat me on his lap, as we didn't have enough space for everyone to have there own seat, and we both waited for the nightmare of a ride.

I gulped and Edward turned the car on. The engine roared to life and Edward instantly started driving as fast as possible. We zoomed down a corkscrew passage until we got stuck behind an Escalade. Edward honked loudly and angrily but we had to stay at the right speed until we got out. Edward made it seem like we were crawling. But this was faster than I would usually go.

"In case I forgot to mention it, I love you Jasper Grant Whitlock," I muttered so quietly I was pretty sure even the other vampires couldn't hear it over the roar of the engine.

"And I love you Bernadette Mary Swan," Jasper said. He kissed the top of my head and I curled into his chest, then we jerked to a stop. I made an oof sound as my head hit the back of Edward's seat. Edward crawled a bit forward and Jasper reached his hand out and payed at a toll. I gulped. That pole was a checkered flag, as soon as it went up Edward was going to fly off. Oh no. Here we go then. Edward slammed on the gass and the car didn't move for a second before it zoomed off. I buried myself in Jasper's chest. I closed my eyes and I felt us swerving back and forth. I gulped back puke but couldn't stand it anymore as Edward hit a little hill and we went flying. I puked out the window and Jasper rubbed my back. War like focus spread through car and I saw the concentration spreading over Jasper's face. I grabbed Jasper's hand and raised it up a bit so it was level with his face. I intertwined our hands and pulled the necklace out from under my shirt and put it next to his bracelet. He nodded and pressed our foreheads together. Edward smirked at me and gave me a thumbs up then got back to focusing. Jasper pulled away from me for a second and touched the back of Edward's neck. I leaned out my window and puked again. I rubbed my lips with the back of my hand. Jasper frowned and helped my wipe my face off sadly.

"Stop!" Edward yelled out of nowhere.

I leaned further into Jasper and he rubbed my back. Edward growled lowly and I sighed. Jasper pushed further into Edward and looked down sadly at me. I gulped back more puke as Edward served around some more.

"Emmett, Jasper, and I guess Bird, give me a view," Edward said. Just then the side mirrors flew off and I looked out the window. Looking out the window made it worse. I leaned out and puked and Edward flinched.

"Sorry Ed," I said.

"Uh, it's alright Bird," Edward said. I smiled weakly at him. Talk about bonding experiences, this is not something that people pictured, but then again, no one has ever pictured anything that happened in my life.

"Jazz," I moaned. He tried to regulate my anxiety but it wasn't working to well while he was helping Edward and pushing the warlike focus to everybody. Poor Jazz. "It's fine, focus on everybody else," I said.

"Car switch, get ready," Edward said.

"Oh no," I moaned.

"Sorry Bird," Edward said. We jerked to a stop and we stopped a woman in a soccer mom SUV, she stepped out, her ponytail swishing back and forth. Like me she probably didn't even have time to think before Carlisle had knocked her out and climbed into the car. Jasper carried me over and into the car. I moaned and puked out the window. Edward flinched again and I felt awful.

"Can't we drive just a bit slower," I moaned.

"I'm sorry Bird, no," Edward said. Carlisle sent me a pitying glance and I just waved him off, silently telling him I was fine. He nodded and we all focused again. We zoomed off and the police passed us without a second thought. I moaned and gripped my head. Man was this ride sickening. I sent Jasper a pleading glance I secretly hoped he would miss but he caught it and calmed my anxiety. I took a shakey breath and then leaned out the window and felt my lunch leave me once again. Jasper wiped my mouth once again and kissed the top of my head. I looked up at him and debated kissing him but decided that my mouth tasted to much like puke right now.

"We'll be out of here soon," Jasper promised. I moaned and held my stomach.

"I hope," I replied. That earned a few stressed laughs. I smiled and then puked again. Jasper rubbed my back and Edward made a stressed sound.

"Slow down Edward," Alice said. He shook his head no ever so slightly.

"Edward, listen to her," I pleaded.

"If he hears us she dies," Alice warned. He slowed down to about eighty. "Slower," Alice commanded. It seemed to physically hurt him to release the pressure on the gas anymore. But he did and I thankfully climbed out of the car on wobbly legs. Jasper kissed my cheek then started jogging off towards the door. I followed behind him to watch from outside. He turned to me before entering and kissed me for a long second then he ran in without a second thought.