Chapter 2: Little Bird

I awoke the next morning to the loud ring of my alarm clock and I groaned. I slammed my hand down on it and it finally shut up. I stood up and picked out my vintage 80's romper. I took a nice hot shower and then I got dressed and grabbed an apple to go. Little Anne, with an e, sat by the door with a frown. I sighed and picked her up and moved her aside. Then I kissed her nose and ran out the door.

Jaspers PoV

I leaned against our car at school. I wanted to see this very important new girl for myself. She never arrived where I could see her. Me and my family strutted down the halls to our lockers, and that's when I saw the angel. She was walking past us but after she was a few feet away she swiveled to get a better look. Her eyes caught mine and she did a little pirouette to see me better. She wore a vintage 80's romper and had a dancers body. She had Weasley red hair that was perfectly curled in little ringlets that looked to be down by a curling iron, but it didn't have that slightly burnt smell that came from the curling process. She had a little smattering of freckles and the most beautiful ocean blue eyes. She had a button nose and a warm face. I wonder if she had a boyfriend.

"Hey, um, my name is Bernadette, but please, Brenna," The girl said as she walked over. A shiver ran through her as she got within a few feet away from us. Every nerve in her body told her to run away while she still could, but she was stubborn.

"What're your names?" She asked shyly.

"Alice," Alice stepped forward and said

"Rosalie," Rosalie said with a smirk. Me, Edward, Jackson and Emmett all just stood there gaping. Alice elbowed Jackson.

"Jackson," Jackson said with raised eyebrows.

"Emmett," Emmett said.

"Edward, so what're you d-" Edward started. Alice elbowed him.

"Jasper ma'am," I said.

"Ma'am, so your southern," The girl said.

"Yeah, I s'pose," I smiled. I actually smiled.

Bernadette's PoV

Oh my God, look at all those models. I hoped they were friendly. I introduced myself and so did they. The southern one was so frickin hot. I stood there, shifting my weight from foot to foot. This was awkward.

"Sooo," I mumbled.

"Yeah," Rosalie said awkwardly.

"It was nice talking to you," I whispered.

"S'my pleasure," Jasper said. I bit my lip and looked at my feet. I brushed my hair in my face and then scurried away.

"Sit with us at lunch!" Alice yelled after me.

"Okay," I mumbled. Why did I turn around. Well I was about to do it again. I swiveled around at the entrance to my next class and they all still stood there. I raised my hand shyly and so did the Alice girl excitedly. I bit my lip again and slid in.

"Hey, you must be the new girl, Bernadette!" The teacher said. I rolled my eyes.

"Brenna," I said.

"Okay Brenna, take a seat there," The teacher said. I nodded and slid into a seat. Then a boy came in. Crap. It was the strong model I met in the hallway. Gods. He slid into the seat next to me and raised his eyebrows.

"Warning, I set things on fire a lot," I muttered.

"Great!" He grinned widely. It was weird seeing his pearly white teeth. I wonder if he gets them whitened.

"Cool," I whispered shyly and he slapped my back with a smile.

"If you set fire to anything while I am not here, make sure you give me a video," he said.

"Okay," I blushed.

"Okay, so are you like just really shy," Emmett said.

I laughed, "No, I just am not so good with new people."

"I get that, me and my family are pretty new to," Emmett smiled. "So if you aren't good with new people why did you walk up to my family in the hallway?" He asked.

"I don't know, you seemed different," I smiled.

"Well, you seem important too," Emmett laughed.

The teacher started his lecture and oh no, we were using the Bunsen burner. I set the thing on top and sure enough some how I found out a way to light it on fire. Emmett cheered for me and the teacher sprayed me and the thing down with buckets of freezing rain water. Setting things on fire is kinda my one fault in biology. Emmett clapped for me and looked impressed.

"First class and you already got soaked and set something on fire, respect," Emmett smiled. I spat out some more water and the rest of the class was still staring at me. I rung out my hair on the floor and Emmett helped my get out the pieces of green from outside that made there way into the bucket. Then the bell rang and I pulled my hood up and ran out gratefully. Sadly the rumor had already spread and in history everyone stared at me as I walked in.

"Bernadette, take a seat next to Mr. Hale," The teacher said. Oh thank god, not another Cullen. That would just be embarrassing. I took my seat and looked at who I was sitting next to. I was about to introduce myself when I saw that it was my worst nightmare. The hot southern model. Jasper. I let out a frustrated sigh as I peeled the raincoat off. He looked at me and snorted.

"What happened to you?" He asked.

"Didn't you hear, I set something on fire in biology and the teacher doused me," I groaned.

He laughed aloud and then stopped and looked at me, as if he were weighing the pros and cons of something. Then he shrugged and pushed a stray piece of hair behind my ear. I felt myself grow warm at his very touch. I was probably bright red and he pulled his hand away.

"So class, today we are covering the civil war, who knows who the youngest major was in the texas cavalry?" The teacher asked. My hand shot up.

"Bernadette," He sighed.

"It's Brenna, and it was Jasper Whitlock, but he died evacuating woman and children," I answered. He nodded approvingly and I went back to ringing out my romper. He continued with his lesson and Jasper eyed me with a smirk. When I met his gaze I blushed furiously. He passed me a note under the table and I opened it curiously.

'So little bird, what brings you to Forks High this fine day, and you look like your are freezing to death,' the note read.

'Well I am pretty cold, but I just moved here with my older twin,' I wrote in my swirly penmanship. He took off his jacket and slid it over my shoulders. I couldn't help but blush as I earned a few glares from other girls.

This was going to be a long day.