4- nerve

Thalia

After my incident last night, I woke up in my bed. I had used the last bits of strength I had to get to my room.

Curling up in my bed I thought about everything that had happened in the past few days.

My mind couldn't stop displaying the image of Dan's face and felt anger.
How dare he?

I ended up spending the entire day in bed, trying to collect myself...

On Monday morning I had gotten up surprisingly early and got ready for school.

Somehow I felt like my strength had renewed and I was ready to face all of my challenges.

I packed up my bag and left my house. After a while of walking I met up with Emma and we both were on our way.

"How are you?" She asked after a moment of silence.
"I'm surprisingly great. I spent last night hugging my pillows and today I feel like a whole new person. What about you?"

"Uh, I'm good too, yea. So what are you going to do about Dan?" She asked nervously and I could tell that she didn't know how I'd react to his name. I was fine. I think it was pretty normal to have a few fantasies of how I end his life, not that I'd fulfill them.....unless

"Honestly, I'd love to kill him," I stated
"But I won't.  I'll just make him suffer by seeing me alive and well" I said giving her a reassuring smile.

We soon entered the school and the chatter around us filled my ears. A bit of anxiety layed withing me but I shook it off.
I walked to my locker, got my books and then Emma and I headed to Chemistry. As we got closer to the classroom, the bell signaling that classes had started, rang. Usually I didn't mind it but my, oh my.

This time the sound made me feel like my eardrums were about to burst. I winced, crouching down to the floor from the pain.

"Hey, hey, you alright?" Emma rushed to me and I looked up at her, shaking my head to get rid of the ringing, I said to her
"Gosh, they really want my ears to pop?" Looking at the damned bell.
"Lia, it wasn't even that bad" Emma said, concern lacing her voice.

"Oh yea? Didn't feel like it" I grumbled back to her, confusion evident on my face.

As we entered the classroom I went to my seat. As I sat down I noticed one particular person. One I hated now with every cell in my body.

Dan fucking Martins.

He was looking at me, wide eyed, like a deer in headlights. A smirk found it's way on my face and I waved at him slowly and then my face turned in to a scowl.
Panic was showing on his face as he tried to hide it.
I turned to the front as the teacher started class, but I could still feel his eye's on me.

Classes ended rather quickly that day and i was on my way to the library. My literature teacher assigned us an essay due in three days, so i wanted to get it done fast. I love literature but essay's, not so much.

As i walked in to the library and found a seat, i saw someone watching me. I don't think you have to guess twice who it is. I wanted to do something, go up and try to confront him in front of people, but i also didn't want to waste this second chance of life only to get killed.. Luck wouldn't last that long for me,  i thought and pulled out a book from my bag. I also took my laptop and started on the essay about our favorite work of literature, and how i'd write it or change it.

I realized i wasn't wearing my glasses and put them on, only to come to the conclusion that i couldn't see shit with them

What in the world?