13- darkness

I could hear voices around me but they all sounded muffled. I couldn't tell them apart and it confused me. 

But soon, before i could even register it, they were gone and i was left in silence, however, it was short lived because soon i heard a voice next to me speaking quietly, almost barely above a whisper

"I learned that talking to a patient can help them recover sooner and that they can hear you even if they're in a coma. Might be silly, but i thought i'd give it a go. If you can't hear me that's alright. I guess i could start by telling you about my day?" I wanted to see who it was but i was still stuck in the darkness

"Well, today i went to school, i know, i know, not too exciting, but Ned and I are going to build a death star. We've done it before but this time we will try to see which one of us can do it faster. Oh, Ned's my best friend, just so you know. He's awesome, he's like my 'Guy in the chair' if you know what i mean. Anyway, i got home to find Aunt May trying to cook. I love her, but cooking is not for her" He said with a small laugh. 

"I also caught one bad guy before coming here to watch over you. Even tho now i'm a a part of the Avengers, i'm still the friendly neighborhood Spiderman" He said and then there was a small moment of silence in the room, tho i still felt the excitment radiating off of the person in the room when they spoke about their day. This made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

"I'm sure you'll get better soon and then we can beat the bad guys, together. That would be awesome. I also started learning more about your universe from Doctor Strange. He told me quite alot about it and i have so many questions for you. Also, You really don't have the Avengers? Then how do you keep your world safe? " Wow, he really doesn't stop talking. I could sense that he was nervous but for what?

It was nice to know that there were people trying to help me get better and spending time out of their day just to watch over me, tho a part of me felt as if i was a burden on them and their usual life.

I wanted to see them so bad, but it was as if my body didn't have the strength to open my eyes just yet.

After a while i drifted off to sleep. Maybe the next time i wake up, i am actually awake...

- The Avengers-

"So you mean to tell me that this kid is working with the enemy and you just took her in? Without letting me know?" Fury asked raising his eyebrow.

"Well, when you put it like that it just sounds bad" Stark replied

"Yeah, well what if she's secretly still working with them? What will you do if she's actually a spy?"

"She isn't" Steve cut in, an annoyed expression on his face

"How would you know?"  Fury was suspicious. Last time he trusted someone too quickly, S.H.I.E.L.D. was roaming with HYDRA's agents.

"First off, why would she ask us to protect the stone if Hydra needs it? Second off, i doubt that Hydra would slaughter their agents for a mission. That dagger could have killed her if she didn't let us know that she was in trouble" Steve said looking through the glass wall to see Thalia still unconcious.

Fury groaned "Fine. I'll let you be the responsible one in this one, Rogers. But if she acts up in any shady way, i will lock her up" Steve nodded 

"Doubt you'll have a chance at locking her up, tho" Natasha suddenly says

"And why's that, Romanoff?" Fury asks

"Because i have a feeling that she will want to go back to her world" She said and this made everyone sigh

"We can't let her do that" Clint said

"Why not?" Sam asked, walking in to the room with a sandwich, making everyone turn to look at him

"Listen, buddy, i did not stitch her up just to have her go back and get herself killed" Tony said with a bit of sass in his voice

"But she probably has a family back there" Sam said sitting down on one of the dark chairs

"Yeah and a couple of people who want her dead" Steve added

"Then why don't we just go with her, fight them and come back. She will be safe and so will the stone" Wanda said and everyone looked at each other as if this wasn't too bad of an idea, everyone except Doctor Strange who had just arrived in the room and heard this proposition

"Absolutely not." He said

"Well, then that settles it" Fury said with a little laugh visible in his tone.

"What? Why?" Nat asked completely confused "I think this is a great opportunity to help her and us" She added.

"Trust me, you don't want to be there anytime in the near future" He said, a bit of worry trying to hide itself on his features.

"Why?" Clint asked, suspicion evident in his voice. Strange didn't answer

"Why can't we go there, Doc?" Steve asked, stepping closer to where Strange was standing. He too was now suspicious. After a moment of silence, he finally spoke up

"Because something is happening that i'm afraid we can't change no matter what we do. We go there and we are dead." He said looking outside from the window.

"Strange, what did you see?" Natasha asked, now also worried.

"That's the thing, i didn't see anything" He said. Strange knew what this meant and he knew that something big was coming.

Here's a shorter chapter for ya. The next one will be longer, but i just wanted to put out something for you.

I love that you like this story so far and sure hope that you'll like what's coming next:)

Also, i had someone ask me to write a book on Bucky? IDK, might give it a go. 

Anyway, See ya in the next one