20

edging closer to new year's eve, she had barely spoke to simon and not uttered a word to harry. the last 4 days have felt crappy, almost lonely in a way. the shoot yesterday felt awkward and tense, one of the rare occasions where she barely said anything, only sitting and capturing pictures and what felt worse is preparing herself for the new year's eve party tomorrow at cal and harry's.

flicking through the images she took the previous day, she tucked her legs into her chest, spinning on the chair at her desk, particularly appreciating the pictures of harry. feeling angered at herself for feeling this way, she shook her head, swiftly going through the pictures attempting to pick out the best ones to edit.

the last few days had dragged, just hoping for a message from one of the boys, dying for someone to talk to but nothing came. and as the day dragged on, she felt a stronger urge to ring or message harry. to hear his voice. to talk about whatever the fuck happened at her birthday party. the way he kissed her twice, the way he thought he needed her, the way he admitted to missing her. it all repeatedly raced around her mind and she could not forget about it.

still spinning around in her chair, comforted by her joggers and hoodie, she scrolled through her phone. particularly looking at the comments from the pictures posted from her birthday party by all her friends. looking at her own account, she posted a few stood in front of her balloons. the first being a picture of her, gee, talia and freya. the second being her, josh, ethan and tobi. the third being just a picture of her and simon, her head resting into his shoulder slightly, causing her to take a deep breath. the fourth being her, jj and lux pulling funny faces. and the final, a picture of her cuddled between cal and harry, grinning at the camera, harry particularly looking the happiest he has ever been. sighing, she scrolled through the comments, a couple catching her eye in particular.

'are daisy and harry friends again ????'

"how did they know we fell out?" clearly confused, she knew how easily her fans dug deep into the boys personal lives. probably noticing at how little she featured in harry's videos or how he hardly featured on her instagram anymore. reading the replies, she waved her thumb over the comments.

'i think him and katie broke up.'
'i wanted harry and daisy together!'

shaking her head, she went onto simon's instagram who similarly posted photos from her birthday party.

'i think simon and daisy are together'
'simon and daisy should be a couple'
'i prefer daisy and harry'

"god." she muttered under her breath, pulling a disgusted face at the stupid comments and slamming her phone down on her desk.

as the evening rose, she laid on her sofa cuddled under a blanket with a hot chocolate, switching on her comfort movie 'call me by your name.' her love for this movie was insane, whereas all the boys hated it and refused to watch it with her, it clearly not being their kind of thing.

after shedding a few tears at the end of the movie, she sighed, scrolling through her phone. particularly her contact list. 'Harold x' her thumb waved over the name, unsure as to whether this would be a good idea or not. her breathing slightly more heavy and heart pounding, she slowly pressed on his name and pressed call, closing her eyes and falling back into the sofa she waited for his voice.

"hello?" his voice appeared raspy. instantly sitting up, she inhaled deeply.

"hi." sniffling slightly, she tucked her knees into her chest.

"you okay?"

"mhm. i -" she stumbled over her words slightly, worried about saying the wrong thing. if any of what she was doing right now is right. "i think we should talk."