30

bursting through the door of her flat, she dropped her keys to the floor and chucked herself onto her sofa, her breathing unsteady. time? why does he need time? she crash landed straight onto a pillow, throwing her head into it as she sobbed. deep in her heart, daisy knew the boy needed time. she recognised how badly his heart had been broken. but she needed him now, she felt addicted to him.

screaming into the pillow, she felt frustrated with life at the moment. the boys being funny with her, harry not even knowing what he wants in life. it felt unnecessarily complicated, when everything could be fixed so quickly. sitting herself up from the soaking wet pillow beneath her, she breathed in deeply, patting at her wet cheeks. right now she needed a friend - and pizza. there's only one person who she could think of calling right now, ethan.

"hello?" he answered her call, causing her to let out a sigh of relief.

"hi, you're not one of the ones in a mood with me are you?" he chuckled at her question.

"god no. it's pathetic." he scoffed.

"oh, good. well, do you want to come round for pizza night? i need a friend." she exhaled.

"yeah sure, i'll be round soon." she smiled to herself. she appreciated her friendship with ethan, he understood when she was not feeling like herself and at least attempted to pick up her pieces.

wrapping a blanket around her body, she was greeted by a cheery ethan who embraced her into a hug, "that's a surprise." she grinned.

"well, i just assumed you were feeling a bit crap." he smiled, handing her a bar of chocolate and an iced coffee.

"you didn't have to." she looked down at the items, a cheesy grin across her face.

"shut up." he chuckled, walking to the sofa to watch whatever movie she was watching. "daisy turn off this crap." he glanced up at the tv, realising she was watching 'love, rose.'

"no!" she frowned, throwing herself next to him.

"are you trying to make yourself feel worse?" he exclaimed, attempting to snatch the remote from her finger tips.

"god! fine!" giving in and throwing the remote at him, she rolled her eyes, folding her body up beneath the blanket as he decided to put on some sort of comedy.

"the whole simon thing is ridiculous by the way." he turned to look at her. "him and jj tried to make us all like side with him, make you and harry look like bad people. we listened to them, but obviously we hold nothing against you. we as in me, josh, tobi and vik."

"hmm." she mumbled, "what did they even tell you?"

"was just something along the lines of 'oh harry and daisy have been getting with each other behind simon's back and it's really sly' just seemed silly. they told us in the studio today." he rolled his eyes, shaking his head at the thought of having to turn against two of his best friends.

"oh right." she raised her eyebrows, turning away from him to look at the movie.

"but daisy, why the fuck did you kiss harry?" he tried to catch her attention again, tilting his head slightly. she shrugged her shoulders at him, "talk."

"fine," she slowly turned her head to look at him, "it's all a bit confusing. i just think i've always had something there for him, but we just said we were friends." he nodded his head, biting his lip slightly.

"honestly, everyone thought you and harry were going to get together." she sighed at his response.

"well he kissed me at my party, that's why i felt a bit shit during it and said some excuse like nothing romantic has happened between us before and what about simon, then kissed me at the end of my party which was just weird, then he ended up being my new years kiss and there's been so many moments where we were close to kissing. but," she took in a deep breath, "he stayed here the other night, nothing new but erm -"

"you had sex didn't you?" he cut her off, a large grin across his cheeks. she nodded her head slowly, closing her eyes. he excitedly cheered, "god, i've been waiting for this day!"

"shut up, no you have not." she jokingly punched his arm.

"yes i have!" he chuckled, "you two are actually made for each other you're just idiots and don't realise it. i'm pretty sure when he first met you he thought you were fit as fuck and you two just ended up being best buddies. idiots!" a heavy laugh emerged from his chest

"shut up! yeah well, we both have feelings, but he's too scared to do anything about them, so here i am." she sighed, creating air quotes "giving him time."

"i guess he kinda needs it though, poor bog had his heart broke."

"i know, i know," she awkwardly smiled, "i'd never hurt him though."

"no, i know dais," he reached out to put a hand on her arm, "everyone knows you wouldn't. the lad just needs time to recover." she nodded at his response, almost feeling as though she received the closure she needed. that in a way, everyone was aware that harry needed some time, a chance to possibly learn to love himself again before stepping into the arms of another.

"what - what did simon actually say to you guys?" daisy suddenly realised what she had actually told simon, that she was in fact, in love with harry and she wasn't prepared for everyone to know, at least not yet.

"he just said that you and harry have been getting with each other, why? did you say something else?"

"no." she quickly shook her head, turning her focus away from him as he instantly detected her lies.

"dais, what did you say?" furrowing his eyebrows, he leaned over teasingly nudging her.

"nothing! nothing!" she attempted to roll away from him but nothing was working. he began to tickle her, forcing her to give in. "fine!" she shoved his arms away, "i said i think i love harry." she mumbled, quickly looking away from him. he stared at her wide eyed.

"god dais, you've fully fallen for him." she glanced at him, chewing the inside of her cheek as she slowly nodded. "well, simon didn't tell any of us that so i think you're safe."

"and you can't tell anyone either!" she pointed at him, he held his arms up in the air in surrender.

"i won't! my lips are sealed."

"good! i blurted it out to him because he said he caught feelings and he couldn't understand why i didn't." she muttered, looking back at the tv.

"i do feel a bit bad for simon, but love is love i guess." he shrugged his shoulders, also looking at the tv. "let's order pizza."