23

she awoke to a new place, a new feeling. or at least a feeling that she had not felt in a long time, being cuddled up with harry, something they had not done since before he got into a relationship with katie. but it felt fresh, something that she has needed all along. stirring next to her, he felt slightly startled to wake up to a figure next to him, but instantly relaxed realising it's daisy. "you okay?" she hummed.

"mhm." he held his grip tighter against her, wanting her to remain in his arms forever. squeezing her as tight as possible, she felt almost suffocated in his embrace. "being cheated on is so shit you know?" he whispered.

"yeah i bet." she rubbed his arm lightly, "just need to find the right person i guess." she mumbled, knowing she could never go behind someone's back like katie did as her loyalties ran so high. harry nodded slightly letting out a sigh, fearing being able to trust anyone again and how he struggled to even feel like himself anymore.

"daisy?"

"hmm." she looked up at him slightly, his face already beginning to look brighter.

"are you still sleeping with simon?" she rolled her eyes at his question, not wanting to get into it again.

"mhm." she nodded slightly, turning to face away from him, knowing how frustrating it is to speak about the boy.

"i think everyone knows now." he began to play with her hair again, hoping she would call all this off with simon, aware of the jealousy that raced through him.

"yeah. i know." nodding again, she exhaled.

"and he definitely likes you." he mumbled, thinking she hadn't heard him.

"okay." was all she could say, simply because she is waiting for simon to admit his feelings so she can call everything off. in the back of her mind, she could sense that simon's feelings were deeper than hers, but she feared losing him and she has selfishly enjoyed it all a bit too much to take his feelings into account.

"do you like him?"

"no harry. not like that." the tone in her voice clearly annoyed and pissed off, she hated talking about simon with harry due to the amount of times he argued and kicked off like a child. he almost felt grateful for her response, knowing that she would hopefully never end up in a relationship with simon.

the two of them spent the rest of the day talking, as though they had so much to catch up on, expressing how much they have missed one another and times like this. how nothing has felt the same for nearly a year, but the feeling of a 'fresh start' meant not talking about any of the bad, the tears, the anger and finally, they both felt relaxed.

once she finally felt as though it was best to leave, she reached her flat actually feeling like herself for once, everything has rebuilt itself. she headed straight to her bathroom to wash and put on some clean clothes, to appreciate that for once everything seemed sort of okay. but what she wasn't prepared for was the potential for her feelings to grow towards him.

combing through her hair, her phone started to ring. glancing at the caller id, 'si'. she answered, putting him on speaker. "hello?"

"hey erm, you left your bracelet and rings at mine the other night, i just found them." she glanced down at her fingers, realising the rings that are always on them are missing.

"oh, i didn't realise!" she exclaimed, realising how distracted by harry she was to notice that she didn't have her rings or bracelet on all day yesterday. "i'll come get them."

"yeah sure. do you wanna stay over?" breathing in deeply at his question, she rolled her eyes slightly, knowing she couldn't refuse the offer. every excuse she could make up, he always thought of a solution, no matter what.

"sure. i'll be round soon." ending the call, she sighed. it's all just getting a little too complicated and obviously too deep. gathering some clothes into a tote bag for tomorrow, she threw on her coat and dragged herself out of her front door. another night, not in her own bed.

arriving at simon's flat, she lightly knocked on the door to be greeted by jj. "hey."

"hi." she grinned at him, taking off her shoes by the front door and strolling into the living room.

"here for a fuck, ey?" he teased, "well i've now figured out why you're here all the time!"

"shut it." she picked up a pillow from his sofa, throwing it straight in his direction, merely missing.

"ey, i knew i could hear you guys fucking sometimes." he teased once again, throwing the cushion back at her and smacking her straight in the chest.

"god i hate you!" she stomped over to him, jokingly pushing him.

"he's streaming right now by the way." she nodded at him, walking towards simon's office where she stood in the doorway. he glanced straight up at her with a cheesy grin, quickly muting his mic.

"i'll be less than like 30 mins." he smiled, "just go watch tv or something." smiling at her, he noticed how beautiful she is, even when she turns up with no makeup on, her hair natural and wearing comfy clothes. he simply could not move his gaze away from her, until he heard vik screaming at him through his headset, meaning he had been distracted for slightly too long.

walking to his room, she slumped herself straight onto his bed, throwing her bag and coat on the floor next to her. turning on his tv, she decided to watch 'american horror story' knowing that he won't be finished for a while, 30 minutes always ends up turning into an hour. and then two hours. until she almost has to drag him away from his computer. the one thing she enjoyed about simon's company was the fact he would actually sit and watch shows and movies with her, even if they did not interest him much. however, harry was not a tv or movie kind of person, meaning they would usually sit and game or talk for hours on end, just like today.

snuggled under his covers, she lay fantasising about evan peters as she heard simon finally come into the bedroom. "hey." he grinned at her, practically diving on top of her.

"hi." she smiled back, squashed by his entire body, he began to run his fingers across her body, specifically her stomach. fits of giggled emerged from her mouth as she tried to escape, "stop tickling me!" she shouted, out of breath from the laughter.

"never!" he chuckled as he watched the tears trickle from the corners of her eyes from laughter. finally giving in, he threw himself on the side next to her as she lay on her back, attempting to catch her breath back.

"i hate you sometimes." she muttered in between breaths, grinning at him.

"yeah whatever." he teased, deciding to put something else on the tv. she turned on her side, focusing on the tv in front of her whereas he sat up against the head board. "harry was being a bit weird last night wasn't he?" he looked down at her, but she held her gaze on the movie.

"was he?"

"yeah everyone thought he was. barely saw him all night, but i hardly saw you either."

"oh right, well as i said, i had a headache." she sighed, not looking at him once. "so i just laid in his bed and he sat with me and we talked for a bit, nothing special." she mumbled.

"will you guys be friends again?"

"we are." she slowly turned to look up at him, her head resting in her hand. simon instantly felt jealous once she responded, knowing he wouldn't get to spend as much time with her anymore.

"but what if -"

"but what if what? i'm old enough to make my own mistakes."