Meeting Wyat

The next day is surprisingly better. I go into school, and no one is talking about the rumor I thought that Kilee would have started by now. No one was saying anything about me or Garren, except for some "amazing goal" he made last night. The only thing that was talked about as much was the football game.

"Our offense rocks!"
"Not as much as our defense!"

I sighed. People were so dull here. It felt like Garren and I are the only positive people and everyone else are just insane...and speaking of insane.

WHAM!!!

My books flew out of my hands. I fell down, and saw the cleats of who I ran into. Wyat Brent stood in front of me. "Are you okay?" He asked, giving me his hand. "Yeah..." I stammered. We both grabbed my books. "Thanks." I said. He gave me a cute smile, "No problem, Hey, what's your name? I'm Wyat."

"Devynn."

"Well, Devynn, we should try to meet up without bumping into each other."
And with that, he walked off. I just stood there, rooted to the spot. I didn't move until Garren showed up and shook my shoulders. "What's with you?" He laughed. I tried to hide my face so he couldn't see me blushing, and replied, "No...nothing." It didn't work.

"I know something happened, your face is bright red." I faced him amid his laughter. "It's nothing, ok?" He calmed down. "Okay, okay."

Classes was boring, of course. I zoned out most of them. After school, I was studying for a test in math and I got a text.

I couldn't identify the number, but I could tell who it was. No one else would text, "Hey, I was serious about what I said in the hall when we bumped into each other. Let's hang out tomorrow. Meet me at Starbucks?"

I didn't really trust it, so I answered back, "Ok, but only if you wait outside with one of the waiters."

I got an "okay" back and went back to studying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day, Garren managed to find out about my plans by practically forcing my phone away from me. He read through my texts. "Oh wow."

"What?" I asked. "You seriously believe this?" He handed me back my phone while I replied, "I'm not sure, but just in case, I'm not going to let myself be seen while I check. If it's not true, I will leave and I won't be upset. It's not like I like him!"

Garren stormed off. Was he angry at me for this? That was ridiculous. I went throughout the rest of the day wondering what was up with him. He wasn't speaking to me. I guess boys are just strange.

After school, I went to Starbucks, after calling my mom and telling her. I hid behind some garbage cans. Peeking through them, I could see Wyat and a waiter standing side-by-side. I got out from behind the cans, made my self presentable, and walked to the door.

"Devynn! I was beginning to think you weren't coming." He smiled. Man, was it just today or was his teeth really sparkling? "I was thinking that you weren't coming." I laughed.

We walked inside, and got in line. "What do you want?" Wyat asked. "Umm..." I thought about it,"Just a hot chocolate." He stared at me questioningly. "I don't drink coffee." I shrugged and left to go find a seat. I could hear him say, "I'll have the same, I guess. I sat down, and while waiting, I got a text from Garren.

"Having fun? :|"

I was about to reply, but Wyat showed up with two hot chocolates. He looked at my phone and said, "What's up?" I shook my head. he handed me my drink and sat down. We talked for about an hour, sipping our cocoas.

It finally ended when I got a call from my mom saying I had to head home. We got to our cars, when he said, "That was fun, Devynn. How about again some time?"

I started my car, nodded, and said, "Yeah, sure."

I got home and crashed on my bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!

Hope you enjoys this update. I worked kind of hard on this not as hard as I did when I started but pretty hard. :-)

This was gonna be a different story, but it was turning kind of boring and I wasn't getting a lot of inspiration.

I have wanted to do a story like this, so now here it is.

Hope you enjoy it!
- not_so_perf