Help

Garren's POV

The sheriff, unfortunately, seemed to read my mind. He instantly put me on House Arrest. I paced the floor of my room, I let anger seep into my thoughts, angry at him for not letting me search for Devynn. I couldn't help but fear the worst. Stuck here, I felt I could understand Devynn's position. NO! You idiot! You have no idea what she's going through! I mentally slapped myself. I was being selfish, thinking I had it worse. I could't even comprehend how insane Devynn's life was at the moment. Heck, her life is probably would be extremely different now. I may never see the girl I fell in love with again. Not just physically, but emotionally and mentally as well.

Devynn's POV

My mind was freaking out, my breathing shallow. Feeling claustrophobic, the walls of the cramped suitcase started to close in on me. How long I was stuck in there, I had no clue. It was at least a couple of days. With my attempts of escape, I had managed to jostle the zipper, opening the suitcase enough to get air inside to breathe. I was extremely uncomfortable, with no way of re-positioning without causing the suitcase to fall over. I feared causing that, afraid of the punishment Wyat would give me. I shrunk small inside the suitcase, when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs above me. My heartbeat sped up, knowing it was Wyat. I tried to jostle the zipper back closed, but not in time. I heard the closet door open. Wyat came closer, and I took a deep breath, to try to get my lungs to work. It isn't Wyat. It smells different.

Whoever it was heard my breath, and nudged the suitcase, hard. I groaned in pain as they nudged a bruise on my side. I heard an intake of breath, and the suitcase zipped open. I slightly tumbled out, blinded by the bright light. "What the-" I turned my head to see a man standing in the closet. He looked like an older version of Wyat, so I concluded it was his dad. I flinched back as he raised his hand. "No, sorry. I'm not going to hurt you." he whispered, "What is wrong with that sick son of mine?" I lay on the floor, unable to move from fear. "Dad?" We heard the call come from upstairs. Wyat's dad cursed. "I'm sorry, but you have to go back in." I shuddered and started crying silent tears. He placed me back in the suitcase, saying, "It's not for long. I promise to get you out, but I can't be suspicious. Don't worry, I have been trained in this." He looked at me hopefully. I slightly nodded my head, unable to speak through the duct tape. He sighed, and zipped the suitcase closed. I heard the door close, and some workout machinery clanking. 

Wyat's footsteps pounded downstairs. "Dad? What are you doing?" His dad had a ready reply, "I have a long period of off-duty time, but my Sergeant wouldn't appreciate me getting out of shape." Wyat seemed to believe it, because his footsteps went back up the stairs. Wyat's dad kept working out for what seemed like an hour, to stay inconspicuous. I heard his footsteps trudge upstairs, and relaxed my body as much as possible. For the first time since the window escape attempt, I felt hopeful.

Sorry this is short, but I needed to space the ending out for another chapter. Insanity is going to end soon! AHHH!!!!!!!!! It is a V-E-R-Y short chapter, but I couldn't think of anymore to use as filler. If I think of anymore to add on, I will later, but for now here it is!

-not_so_perf