Alone

[Garren's Flashback]

I walked through the halls, heading out after school. Everyone was pretty much gone. I had to stay after school.

Clicking sounded through the halls. Heel clicking. I turned around, and Kilee had me pressed against the wall. She smiled, "We didn't get to finish earlier today." I was confused. Kilee continued, "You can do better, sweetie."

Then she shoved herself against me. Her lips forced themselves onto mine. She wouldn't stop. Her perfume was intoxicating. I finally managed to shove her off. She looked surprised.

"You're right," I told her, "I can do much better... than you." I left the school, while Kilee looked offended behind me.

[End of Flashback]

DEVYNN'S POV

My head pounded. There had to be a large bump on the back of my head. I couldn't open my eyes. Feeling fabric beneath me, I assumed I was laying down on a bed. "Seriously? She's still out."

I kind of twitched at the sound of Wyat's voice. He must have noticed, because he said, "Oh, didn't mean to interrupt. I let your eyes get used to freedom." It went silent, and a door slammed. My eyes ached, but I could finally open them.

I was greeted by a white room. Bright sunlight came through a window to my right. The door Wyat left through is on my left. The bed I laid on was a large, queen-sized mattress.

I sat up, and got off the bed. First, I noticed my mouth was uncovered. I didn't speak, but quietly moved to the door. I pressed my ear against it, and heard Wyat working out. I knew I was still in the basement. Next, I hurried to the window.

Checking every edge of the window, I found a latch that unlocked it. I opened the window, and found that there wasn't a screen. I climbed out of the room, and looked up the window well.
There was a metal, holed, covering above me. I reached up and tried to move it, when I heard Wyat come in the room and yell. I started screaming, calling for help.

Wyat climbed into the window well, and covered my mouth with his hand. I bit it, hard enough to draw blood. He didn't move it. I fought against him while he pulled me into the room. I was thrown against the bed, and the window slammed shut. I kept screaming, crawling away as Wyat marched towards me.

I shrunk into a corner and started crying. He's won. I can't take this. Wyat grabbed me, and pulled me to the bed. He brought out handcuffs and attached on pair to each wrist. My arms were pulled to the sides, and handcuffed to the bars of the bed. Wyat lifted my head, and tied rope around my neck.

The rope was tied to the back bar of the bed. I was stuck laying down. He then took cloth from a bag and covered my nose and mouth with it. It was the same stuff that was on his jacket the night he kidnapped me. I held my breath, but not for long.

I was about to pass out, and my eyes were closed, when the cloth came off my face. I stopped moving, and realized that he thought I was unconscious. I went with it. Wyat seemed to move around, in a pacing manner. Then, he finally seemed to make a decision.

Wyat walked to the bed, and pulled my pants off. I understood what he was going to do. This guy was disgusting. He got on the bed and was about to sit on my waist, when I opened my eyes and kicked him in his painful spot.

Wyat fell off the bed. I could see he was in serious pain. Wyat eventually got up, and put my pants back on. He pulled off one of his sweaty socks and put it in mouth. I gagged. He left the room for a large amount of time.

He came back with a lot of random things. First, He pulled Duct Tape out of the pile and wrapped my calves multiple times. Next, he pulled rope out and tied them across the bed and my legs. Finally, Wyat got chains again, and wrapped them around my ankles, and attached them to the bottom of the bed. There was no hope of escape.

I forced the sock out of my mouth. Wyat didn't notice until I started yelling, "HELP! ADULTS? HELP ME!" Wyat stepped to my side and hit me with an extra chain. Tears rushed out from pain, and I cried out.

"That's pointless. My dad's in the army, and my mom died in a car crash."

I didn't know how to reply. I just lay there. Wyat brushed hair out of my face, and I tried to pull away unsuccessfully. He tried to soothe me, "Just go with it." I didn't listen to him. Instead, I started to yell again. Wyat shook his head at me.

He walked out, and came back in with more tape. He covered my mouth, and left, locking the door behind him. I struggled against my bindings, and tried to scream.

-------------------

GARREN'S POV

"What's the update on the search?"

"What search?"

"The search for my best friend, Devynn Gray!"

I had been yelling at the officer for ten minutes now. The officer rolled her eyes at me. I was about to slap her. Then the sheriff walked out and motioned me to come in.

We talked about the search. "You have no leads? Are you even doing anything?" I practically spat at him. He held his hands up and replied, "We are working very hard on this case, and a lead is very important for the solution."

I sat back in the chair. He turned his computer screen around, and showed me an email. It was labeled: "Ransom List". The sender was anonymous. "I've already showed Ms. Gray." The sheriff informed me. The email read:

"The only way you will ever see her again is if I get $2 million for every inch of her body by this weekend."

For about the hundredth time since Devynn was kidnapped, I burst into tears. The sheriff left me alone.

-------------------

Hey. Turn of events, huh?

I hope you are enjoying this story! Don't forget to check out my other books, and LulubugHancock's books.

Vote for Insanity for more! Please don't copy this.

Thanks!!
-not_so_perf